Over the past two decades, UKFast has grown from a start up to a multi-million pound business. We are one of the UK's leading cloud and secure managed hosting providers. We supply dedicated servers, private and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical, cybersecurity, and DevOps consulting services.
Dedicated to innovation and providing world-class solutions, we help transform our customers' businesses. We bring together cutting-edge technology with multi-award-winning customer service and support. We have the highest NPS in our industry and we work hard every day to earn our customers' loyalty. We support a full cross section of UK enterprise, from local businesses and charities, to global manufacturers and retailers, local and central Government, the NHS and the Ministry of Defence.
What makes UKFast different? It's all about our people and our culture. We are dedicated to our customers, to the ongoing training, development, and support of our team, and to making it fun every day. Our in-house training facility is widely accredited and we are the only managed service provider in the UK to also be an accredited AWS training centre.The opportunity...
2020 was a hugely transformational year for our business with a large investment from the leading mid-market private equity firm Inflexion. Our hard work, dedication, and grit during such a turbulent year have propelled us into 2021 with a highly confident outlook for a successful year ahead.
Endeavouring to grow our practice and strengthen our expertise, we currently have an incredible opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team of AWS specialists. You will play a key role in maximising our scalability, implementing innovative solutions to our customers at record speed, and contributing to our journey to becoming the best market provider in Hybrid solutions.
Initially reporting into our Technical Director, you will work alongside a highly skilled and motivated team of Cloud and DevOps Engineers. We have our own Data Centre and hosted Public Cloud built on VMware, with a division of engineers in each of the key Public Clouds. As part of our AWS division, you will define implementation architectures, own the success of implementation projects, and spearhead the automation and integration features around your AWS expertise.
We are looking for a candidate that thrives in a lean, collaborative and fast-paced environment. A person with extensive AWS expertise who is dedicated to delivering unrivalled solutions and services to our customers, and strives to improve processes and standards wherever possible. Continuous innovation through team collaboration should be second nature to you, as should your persistent search to advance in the way we do things.
The level of autonomy and learning opportunities provided in this role means that this will be a truly exceptional experience for the right candidate.
What will my responsibilities be?
What should I bring?
- Developing a broad knowledge of how applications and services are constructed using AWS
- Defining implementation architectures and owning the success around specific implementation projects
- Developing high quality, enterprise-scale IT system or software projects
- Mentoring more junior members of the team, supporting them with their development and encouraging best practices
- Assisting with tickets and calls where workflow or staffing needs require
- Conducting thorough product testing for new technologies
Who are our partners?
- A proven track record of both delivering and supporting production systems at scale with AWS
- Expertise in CI/CD automation - experience in AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and Code Pipeline is desirable
- Significant experience in AWS Cloud Architecture and Design
- Excellent understanding of application, server, network security, and compliance requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work efficiently across internal and external organisations
- Great knowledge of Cloud VM and Server technologies, including service management across a hybrid-cloud environment
- Linux or Windows system administration, scripting and automation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience in writing Infrastructure as Code - CloudFormation or Terraform
- Common DevOps tooling skills e.g. Ansible or Git
- Professional Experience with at least one popular programming language e.g. Python, NodeJS, or Java
- Experience with a wide range of AWS Services such as RDS, EC2, Elasticache, CloudFront, Autoscaling or Lambda
- Experience with implementing and supporting containers in AWS on EKS and ECS
- AWS certifications would be a huge plus
- UKFast are on the Board of Advisory for Intel, Citrix and VMWare - We are asked to contribute to how the products develop
- VMWare Premier Cloud Provider partner - Launch partner for VMWare's Project Pacific
- Global Beta Testers for HPE and their 3Par arrays - Launch partner for their latest arrays
- AWS Premier Partner expected 2021
- AWS Training Partner
- Azure Expert MSP expected 2021
- Microsoft Gold Partner
- Red Hat Advanced business Partner
- LPI Approved Training Partner
- Cisco Master Service Provider
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- Private health insurance after one years' service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
- Flexible working
- Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
- Pearson Vue test centre on-site
- On-site gym
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
- Free onsite parking
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Team building experiences
- Regular quiz nights and LAN parties
- Family days out and cinema nights
- Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
- An active and engaged LGBTQ community with group events and educational sessions arranged regularly