Head of MarketingThe Organisation
Our client is part of a global brand which has recently launched in the UK. They are passionate about reshaping the food system. Backed by a major multi-national food company, this start-up is well financed with strong R&D resources focused on leveraging new technologies to develop new innovative food products. Based in London, the food capital of the UK, they are creating a leading direct to consumer experience.
They are now looking for passionate people to help bring this new brand to life; people who are excited about the future of direct to consumer and online experiences. If you have big ideas, undeniable enthusiasm and thrive in a collaborative, creative and diverse group, you will be in the right place.Role Summary
The UK Digital Marketing Manager is a key role. You will manage the full mix of digital marketing activities for the UK business and be responsible for driving brand awareness and new customer acquisition and generation. You will be required to work cross functionally with the internal team and agency partners (marketing and media) to identify and leverage consumer and market insights, help develop the customer segmentation model and support on customer relationship management. You will also be expected to collaborate with the US and global marketing teams to develop, manage and influence the digital marketing plans which you will adapt and innovate locally to create the optimal UK plan and drive traffic, conversion, and repeat rate. Directly contribute to the success of the UK business and the global digital team. This role has great growth opportunity as the business grows and requires a natural curiosity and tenacity.Key Responsibilities
- Play a pivotal role in the day-to-day management of UK digital agencies holding them accountable for driving profitable growth for activities including display, affiliates, content marketing and email.
- Build campaigns in Paid Social (e.g., Facebook, Instagram) and Google Search and Shopping, manage these on a day-to-day basis and provide regular reporting for these channels.
- Own end to end digital marketing campaigns - develop, brief, build, execute, track, evaluate and optimise (including A/B testing).
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan to deliver against business objectives.
- Support the creation of the 3-year plan.
- Manage and execute against the in-year marketing budget.
- Support global marketing strategy, adapting this where relevant to execute in the UK (online and offline).
- Analyse and report on digital marketing effectiveness including making global marketing strategy recommendations.
- Manage the customer database, segmentation model and data analytics provider. Use analytics to gain a deep understanding of brand and competitive performance, key drivers and activities.
- Identify and leverage consumer and market insights. Support Insights team in research and other insights efforts.
- Ensure Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) 'best practice' compliance of all online content.
- Work with Head of Marketing and Ecommerce Lead to support the sales forecasting of the business.
- Own development plan and effectively manage time to deliver business KPIs as the priority
- Solid understanding of financial planning is preferred but not mandatory
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data independently using relevant tools e.g. Excel to measure performance, determine improvements and drive insights from data.
- Familiar with mainstream analytics and ad serving tools including but not limited to Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Business Manager.
- Working knowledge of SEO on and offsite 'best practice'.
- Hands on experience of managing and building campaigns on Paid Social (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) and Google Search & Shopping either in house at a brand or within an agency.
- A good understanding and experience of managing a CRM or ESP.
- Knowledge of managing web content using a mainstream CMS.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable and proven results with key decision makers including senior management and executives is required.
- Willingness to work well in a team, collaboratively partnering with functional teams e.g. finance, e-commerce, and supply chain and across multiple regions.
- Ability to self-organise multiple tasks well and to complete them on time with a clear focus on quantitative results is required.
- Dealing with ambiguity and high degree of proactive "hands-on" critical thinking and mobilising actions.
- Comfortable presenting content to external parties and internal senior leadership audiences.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a start-up environment with the ability to be both a self-starter and team player.
- Customer champion and an understanding of what it means to put customers first in a commercial environment.
- Bachelor's degree or similar is required.
- At least 4-5 years experience of working in digital marketing for ecommerce D2C or retail marketing is required.
- Hands on experience of building and running paid social and Google SEM campaigns.
- Experience of developing and executing digital marketing campaigns (e.g. email, display, affiliates).
- Ability to manage and lead agency's and 3rd parties.
- Experience in the retail and ecommerce food / grocery industry is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience in building a subscription-based business is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience with Shopify platform.
- Scaling up start-up experience preferred.
- International experience is desirable.
Flexible working from home and the office including flexibility in hours due to global nature of the company.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, hours to be defined.
- Occasional overnight travel is expected for this position. There may be occasional local day travel.
- As we are a 'start-up' it is likely that duties, responsibilities and activities may change.