The Caxton marketing team are looking for an ambitious content executive, who can create content for both B2C and B2B audiences and who's ready for their next challenge. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading FX and global payments provider, make a real impact and grow with the business.
Caxton was formed in 2002 with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to make payments easier for everyone. We pioneered the first multi-currency card and after 19 years we are still thriving, with over 800,000 customer across both our private and corporate brands. We've built an inclusive, supportive environment for our staff members, so that they are best equipped to provide a world-class service to our customers. Our hierarchy is light, which creates the space for empowering our staff, whilst also ensuring that everyone plays a part in driving the business forward. We celebrate both individual and company-wide successes and support our teams throughout their careers.
You will report directly into the Head of Private Marketing with a dotted line to the Head of Corporate Marketing to support them in driving forward their respective marketing strategies, in line with company objectives. You'll also have the opportunity to collaborate with the wider customer services, sales, account management and operations teams.
The assets you will create will help us increase brand awareness, drive acquisition, support revenue generation and increase value for our existing clients. You'll get to know, inside-out, the topics our customers/clients and prospects care most about, and create high-quality, valuable content which addresses these. These will be shared across all marketing channels and you will be responsible for both driving engagement and managing our social media channels.
One minute you could be creating a travel related Instagram story, the next you could be editing an economic overview for Finance professionals; projects are varied and you will need to be able to adapt your tone and style according to purpose, audience and channel.
Key tasksContent creation
Writing blog posts, articles and sales support materialsManagement of social media
Creation, management and scheduling of social media content (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). Engaging with our online communities and liaising with the support team for urgent customer enquiriesContent planning
creating a rolling 4 week content/social media calendar in advance, which includes company-wide themes (like pushing a certain product) as well as brainstorming and proposing ideasAsset creation
Creating social media visual assets, as well as assets for Instagram stories. Working autonomously and with the designer on more complex graphicsEngagement
reaching out to our social followers and getting their consent to share and use their personal images for UGC on our social mediaCopywriting/proof-reading
Writing copy for both private and corporate posts, both short and long from. Reviewing, proofreading and editing content created by the marketing teamWebsite updates
Creating and updating website content (i.e. blog posts and travel tracker)Proposing ideas
Keeping a close eye on industry trends and competitors, and proposing ideas for impactful new contentReporting
create monthly social media reports. Analyse performance to dictate future content campaignsEmails
sending out the Daily Rates email every morning
This is an exciting and creative role which offers you the chance to develop and implement your own ideas, and have a direct impact on the success of the Caxton brand. Over time, there is scope to increase responsibility and take on ownership of the content schedule and strategy.Requirements
Native level fluency in English
Ideally degree educated in English or related topic
- At least 2 years' experience producing content for B2C/B2B audiences
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills across a variety of mediums (web, email, social media, video etc.)Solid understanding of SEO principles and how to apply these in practice
- Experience of creating social media content and an understanding of social media strategy
- Experience of managing content using a CMS
- Experience collaborating with specialists from other departments or agencies (such as design and product teams)
- Highly organised, self-motivated, impeccable attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Bonus points if you have
- Experience writing content for Travel or Finance
- Experience of using platforms such as Dotmailer to build marketing emails
- Design skills
Working at Caxton
Caxton was established in 2002 to deliver foreign exchange and payment services to both retail and corporate markets. Since the beginning, we've built our offering on two key differentiators exceptional value for money and the highest standards of customer service. In 2007, we launched our first prepaid currency card free of fees and charge and have become one of the most trusted and respected travel card providers in the UK with over 450,000 account holders.
Our brand ethos underpins 'customer value'. Our value is not related to price, but to the level of satisfaction our customers receive from interactions with our technology and people. Our ethos guides consistent behaviour and experience, to build a stronger relationship, with greater perceived value
We are professional and reliable
We offer helpful, intelligent experiences
Honesty and trust is at the heart of what we do
Internally we have build our culture around this ethos on our brand values. We ask each and every colleague to aspire to follow this ethos at all times.Benefits
- 25 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working
- Educational bursary towards professional certifications/qualifications plus up to 5 day's study leave.
- BUPA Health Insurance OR a BUPA Wellbeing Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Travel Loan
- Access to "Thanks Ben/Perks at Work" with free mental health and well-being programme, discounts on gym memberships, cinema tickets, Apple products, and many other retailers.
- Working Hours & Office Environment Prime City Location the Gherkin - with tube/mainline stations, cafe's, restaurants, and shops on our doorstep blended with Work from Home as agreed.
- Regular social events
Interested? Please apply today for immediate consideration.
Strictly no agencies please.