Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum + benefits
Holidays: Year 1 is 25 days plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days plus bank holidays after 5 years
Close date: 12th March (we may close the advert earlier depending on the volume of applications)
Interview date: 19th March
Here at Seashell Trust we provide education and care for children and young people (up to 25 years old) with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairment and communication disorders and autism.We are recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to join our ambitious organisation.
Reporting to the Financial Controller this is a standalone role as part of a small team.The position will manage and analyse monthly management accounts and drive innovation to look for areas for continuous improvement within the Finance Department. This role will assist with the development of new systems and financial reporting to ensure accurate and timely information, and the post holder will also be required to build key relationships which will ensure a greater understanding of the financial data provided to operational managers at the Trust.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented qualified Accountant to add value and make a real difference in this varied and challenging role.
- Professional qualification: CIMA/ ACCA or equivalent (Part qualified considered)
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Advanced application of MS Excel and data manipulation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to multi task, organise work tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse, present, report and produce management information that will inform line managers in an accurate, clear and timely manner
- Ability to undertake additional project work alongside the day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to produce and understand complex monthly financial reports
- Good working knowledge of accounting software systems
- Excellent analytical & numerical skills
- Experience of producing and improving financial reporting
Pension scheme, life assurance, employee assistance and wellbeing programmes, access to physio, on site parking, annual performance related pay scheme, generous holidays and lots more.
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide an excellent care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment