Meraki Talent are supporting a thriving SME with the appointment of a Head of Finance based in Edinburgh paying up to £45,000 plus company benefits.The Opportunity
This thriving SME business has circa 100 employees and is operating around 4m turnover per year. It's considered an absolute specialist within its field and has really diversified its service offering and market presence over recent years.
The position of Head of Finance is a redeveloped role reporting directly to the Board. It requires an individual that can provide direction and guidance to the leadership in relation to all financial matters including financial governance, statutory requirements, budgeting and forecasting.
Due to the leanness of the business and finance function, its imperative the successful individual isn't scared to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty during peak & busy periods. An individual from an industrial background such as construction would be highly advantageous.On Offer
The position of Head of Finance will offer a salary of up to £45,000 and will include other company perks. The offices are based in Edinburgh with parking facilities available onsite, plus its accessible from various area's of the city via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Directors and Board
- Production and presentation of monthly reporting packs
- Preparation of statutory accounts & returns
- Assisting with budgeting setting & monitoring
- Cashflow analysis & forecasting
- VAT and taxation returns
- Finance analysis - WIP, projects, costings, pricing, margins etc.
- Overseeing transactional finance - purchase ledger, sales ledgers, credit control, payroll etc.
- Adhoc duties
To be considered, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant, however qualified by experience will be considered if the candidate has an industrial background
- Industrial background such as construction is highly advantageous
- Previously operated within Finance Manager, Financial Controller or Head of Finance role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Used financial software such as Xero, Quickbooks or Sage
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail then please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private & confidential discussion