Competitive salary Position Type:
About Our Client
- Are you an experienced Strategy Consultant?
- Opportunity to implement large strategic initiatives that improve the NHS
Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is the management function for NHS Supply Chain. We are part of the NHS, and were set up in 2018 to work with NHS Trusts to leverage the collective buying power of the NHS, driving commercial agreements with product suppliers and manufacturers and managing service providers, all whilst driving continuous improvement throughout the business.
A commercial entity, SCCL has some challenging targets to achieve to support its long-term goal of becoming the strategic procurement partner of choice for the NHS. SCCL aims to deliver £2.4 billion back into the front line by 2023/24 through strategic changes and initiatives, leveraging its strong commercial capability and relentless approach to creating best value for the NHS.
Alongside its long-term goals, one of the greatest attributes about SCCL, is its commitment to its internal values and vision which collectively build a strong culture of success. It is important for anyone joining the team to demonstrate and share these values.
The values of the business are as follows :
- Ambitious; be driven
- Integrity; be authentic
- Be enterprising; future focused
- Respectful; be inclusive
- Innovative; be the difference
SCCL is committed to its vision to proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
It is an especially exciting time to join SCCL as large transformation programmes are being driven across the organisation. The successful candidate will be given the chance to not only drive the 3-year plans, working alongside senior stakeholders in the health care industry, but also be given autonomy to drive smaller scale projects themselves.Job DescriptionOverview
The Strategy Manager will play an integral leadership position within SCCL . Working across all business functions, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a key part in the development of SCCL's strategy and drive change throughout the organisation. The Strategy Manager will be responsible for contributing to the strategic thinking and output of the strategy team. The Strategy Manager will work with the Head of Strategy, Director of Strategy and Functional Leads to drive and implement cross-functional strategies across the entire business. They will achieve this by engaging and building relationships with important stakeholders across the business.Key activities of the Strategy Manager role
Strategic thinking, analysis and delivery
- Contribute to the commercial thinking and output of team
- Apply strategic thinking and frameworks to solve complex problems
- Undertake market and competitor analysis to inform business strategies
- Develop business cases and strategies with appropriate research and insight
- Manage end to end project delivery
- Assist in the delivery of the 3-year strategic plans across the business, working with numerous stakeholders across the business
- Autonomously work on smaller scale projects throughout the year from creation to completion
Promotion of the SCCL brand
- Build strong relationships with multiple senior stakeholders from across the business to deliver strategies and work plans
- Challenge established thinking and lead strategy development and implementation programs where necessary
- Influence and take senior stakeholders to develop and deliver the business priorities
The Successful ApplicantThe successful applicant
- Demonstrate core SCCL values in all areas of work
- Ensure compliance with equality legislation by driving diversity and equality
- Promote and contribute to the culture which supports diversity and inclusion
The successful candidate will be an experienced strategy consultant who has a proven record of driving complex commercial strategies and dealing with challenging stakeholders. This candidate will ideally have trained or worked in a management consulting practice or in-house strategy team and must be able to apply logic, problem solving and complex strategic frameworks/concepts to problem solving.
The successful candidate will demonstrate
What's on OfferWhat's on offer
- Significant experience of leading complex strategy development and implementation that have resulted in tangible benefits
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills with the acumen to develop effective business solutions.
- Advanced stakeholder management and communication skills with the ability to influence senior leaders across the business and wider industry stakeholders
- Highly skilled at developing strategic relationships, coaching team members and senior stakeholders
- Experience in developing financial models and financial analysis that provide insight for effective decision making at senior level across the business
- Experience in leading end to end policy and long-term strategy development working across business functions to develop ideas, consult and advice on translating vision into actionable plans
- Broad understanding of supply chain operations, the health and social care sector and policy issues affecting the health sector and long term internal / external influences.
Benefits to include:
- Unique opportunity to join a competitive, commercial procurement business that is going through period of growth and strategic development
- Opportunity to work alongside Strategy professionals to drive SCCL strategic objectives
- Opportunity to influence the growth trajectory of the business
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- London or Nottingham based with remote working opportunities
- Chance to join a high performance, high calibre team that promotes self-development
- Generous contributory pension scheme with significant employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave on entry
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.Ref Code:
MPTNJN0220212004011ZHow to apply
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org