dreamthinkspeak is internationally recognized as a key practitioner of site-specific performance. We are looking to recruit a Trustee with Business or Financial Management experience to join our small and friendly team at a pivotal and exciting point in our development.
The Trustee will assist us with business planning and strategy, helping us to remain a financially robust organization which can also take considered risks in the delivery of our creative output.
The Trustee will be expected to attend and prepare for virtual quarterly board meetings, reviewing relevant materials and reports beforehand.
The Trustee will also be invited to represent the charity as a champion of the organisation at selected events, such as production premiers.
You will be joining a small but experienced team as we seek to diversify our organization to reflect the diversity of the people we engage in our creative productions.
We are committed to developing the diversity of our board to better reflect the diversity of those we collaborate with in our creative output. We therefore particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates.
We are interested in candidates who may have a wider range of skills than purely financial. For us, finance is not an isolated practice. It is connected to other aspects of our mission and is part of all discussions around the creation, production and dissemination of our work. We therefore welcome expressions of interest from candidates whose principal practice might sit within other sectors, including the creative industries, but embraces financial experience as part of that practice.
- Demonstrated financial awareness and knowledge gained through previous work activity.
- Ability to understand and articulate standard company accounting procedures.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Experience of strategic development and planning.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- A willingness to learn.
- Good communication, team-working and interpersonal skills.
- Tactful, diplomatic and able to build relationships.
- Experience of / or passion for the Arts.
- Experience of fundraising.
- Knowledge and experience of charity finance practices.
- Experience of accounting or bookkeeping.
- Dedication to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies.
- Experience of working with arts based charities or educational charities.
- Desire to promote and support diversity across our creative output.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- The opportunity to help develop the diversity of our organisation.
- The chance to contribute to the activities of a dynamic arts charity at a key moment in our development.
- To be part of a friendly, informal but experienced team.
- The chance to make a real difference to our future development and sustainability, allowing us to move forward with our creative output that brings so much personal and professional value to diverse artists and audiences across the UK and beyond.
Trustees meet every 3 months, with room for flexibility in scheduling of contact time or communications between meetings and reviewing of documentation
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. Please email your application to: email@example.com. Deadline: 19 Mar 2021