A Global Energy Trading Business is looking for a Market Risk lead/manager to join their team to lead market risk across their Power trading business. You will be taking the lead on strategy for market risk across the power businesses as well as being part of the leadership team supporting the overall Head of Risk.
- Assisting the implementation of new physical business to ensure correct modelling and risk management inclusive of physical options.
- Conducting ad-hoc market analysis, as required by brokers, risk and management
- Sourcing, manipulating and analysing large data sets
- Maintaining detailed position summary for the respective business units
- Resolving position and VAR issues and ensure accuracy at all times
- Understanding how daily market moves are impacting the company market risk
- Keeping management informed on market risks through use of proprietary reporting tools as well as self-developed solutions
- Identifying and executing on value-add projects related to risk & valuation using data, financial modelling and technology
- Stress Testing
- Concentration and liquidity analysis
- Assisting in the internal IT buildout of new risk systems to support the business growth.
The desired candidate will have:
- Gained at least 6 years experience in a Market Risk role at an energy trader, hedge fund, investment bank or utility
- A strong knowledge of the Power Market and products associated with it.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability and comfort with Excel
- A strong interest in data science, analytics, data visualization and markets
- Proficiency in Python and other languages advantageous (C++, Java, or Matlab)
For a confidential chat about this or other roles he is handling, please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal Office. email@example.com
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com