A major Energy trading business is looking for a Market Risk Analyst to join their team, it is a very collegiate environment and you will be facing off to the business in this role as it is a small but dynamic team. Strong knowledge and experience of using Python is a must.
As a Risk Analyst you will support the firm-wide risk monitoring framework. This includes, but not limited to, VAR monitoring & analysis, position monitoring, scenario analysis, factor analysis & liquidity analysis.
- Developing and maintaining pricing/risk tools for brokers and risk using excel either through developing models or enhancing existing models
- Conducting ad-hoc market analysis, as required by brokers, risk and management
- Sourcing, manipulating and analysing large data sets
- Maintaining detailed position summary for the respective business units
- Resolving position and VAR issues and ensure accuracy at all times
- Understanding how daily market moves are impacting the company market risk
- Keeping the risk team informed on market risks through use of proprietary reporting tools as well as self-developed solutions
- Identifying and executing on value-add projects related to risk & valuation using data, financial modelling and technology
- Regular collaboration on risk related projects in partnership with the data science team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong proficiency in Python. Other languages are advantageous (C++, Java, or Matlab)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a related role at an energy trader, hedge fund, investment bank or utility
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability and comfort with Excel
- A strong interest in data science and data visualisation
For a confidential chat about this or other roles please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office. email@example.com
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com