Leading Investment Bank is searching for a Hedge Accountant AVP to join their London Treasury Finance desk. This role has been created by an internal move and will involve leading the hedge accounting team and work closely with the business to make informed decisions on technical accounting impacts.
- Responsible for the reporting of the hedge accounting financial results.
- Running month end process in relation to FV hedges, including analysing hedge effectiveness results, posting the required journals, and performing reconciliation to attest the validity of balances in the ledger
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual disclosures for various balance sheet and P&L hedge accounting balances
- Key involvement in key projects across the Treasury Hedge Accounting team.
- Liaising across multiple business lines with key stakeholders to achieve desired business outcomes
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA preferred)
- Proven Hedge Accounting experience gained from another banking organisation
- Strong technical knowledge of IAS39
- Technical accounting knowledge on hedge accounting requirements for Interest Rates, inflation, fair value and cashflow hedge accounting
- Proven experience of system development and process improvement
This role offers strong interaction with key stakeholders and it is therefore essential the candidate has excellent interpersonal skills. This role offers a realistic route to a managerial role in the future or mobility into other areas across Treasury.