Our client is a leading global sector focused law firm.
Due to the ongoing and sustained growth of services to the Aviation sector, they have created a new senior position to spearhead Knowledge Management within the firm's global Aviation practice.
The person in this position will manage the Global Aviation practice's knowledge management function. You will liaise with fee earners and contribute as required to produce materials for client circulation and/or publication. In conjunction with the global Knowledge Management team you'll drive knowledge sharing and transfer across the firm's global Aviation practices, including producing and managing precedents and knowhow for Aviation's core service lines. You will also take the lead on relevant professional development activity, ensure that fee earners' knowledge of Aviation Law is up-to-date, and most importantly support the drive to improve client service, and to give the Aviation Practice and the firm a competitive advantage.
- Drafting, updating and managing transaction precedents, templates, memoranda and practice notes, policies and guidance for the Aviation group.
- Providing first class advice on market developments affecting the Aviation Practice, and monitoring global news developments of urgent and material significance to the aviation Industry.
- Monitoring relevant legal developments in Aviation (in particular laws and regulations and significant case law) and reporting to the lawyers' team.
- Providing academic and technical legal input for the preparation of memoranda, articles, legal commentaries, client briefings, newsflashes, digital marketing, and other marketing materials.
- Taking part in practice support and business development brainstorming sessions.
- Managing, developing and updating existing Knowledge Management resources.
- Contributing to training sessions aimed at briefing fee earners on changes to law practice and precedents. Continual shaping of a targeted series of Aviation training sessions, relevant and timely to local fee-earners
- Design and implementation of legal training to all levels of fee earners on relevant documents and practices
- Actively contributing to a culture of valuing and leveraging the firm's knowledge.
- Supporting and advising lawyers with their legal research.
- Developing strong relations with the Partners and fee-earners and assess and capture.
To be successful in your application, you will probably have:
- A minimum of 5 years' post-qualification experience gained either in practice or in-house.
- A genuine interest in aviation, and experience working in aviation law practices or in the aviation industry.
- A law degree and licence to practice in a Common Law jurisdiction (qualification in an additional jurisdiction would be advantageous).
- Existing Professional Support Lawyer experience is ideal but not essential.
- Proven strong IT skills.
- Enthusiasm for developing knowledge systems, improving access and understanding and training.
- Proven ability to form and maintain highly effective working relationships with practices, fee earners, Knowledge Management teams and colleagues at all levels.
- Be a strong team player, dynamic, autonomous and resilient, able to facilitate, organize and support the development of knowledge management while also motivating other team members.
- Demonstrated excellent written/drafting and oral communication skills in English and the ability to clearly and accurately convey information.
- Outstanding organisational skills and proactivity.
This is a sensational opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of a major practice area for a major international firm. Please send your CV in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call David on 0786 077 4391 for a confidential discussion.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com