Vitality, UI / UX Designer, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our UI / UX Designer, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career4
As our UI / UX Designer, you will design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be adept and rapid prototyping and iterations, and in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will also be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
What we're looking for in our UI / UX Designer:
- A great team player with the capacity to rapidly ideate and iterate on designs and concepts
- Ability to collaborate closely with other business area such as research and product teams.
- Skill to think on your feet and outside the box, solution-focused, creating refreshing and interesting concepts
- An excellent understanding of the latest UX/CX/UI best practices on both App and Web and a very good understanding of market trends, insight and industry standards
- Ability to create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Good grasp and knowledge of Design Systems and be able to work on both App and Web UX/UI.
- Ability to work closely with the UX team and the Head of Product and Creative Director to ensure brand guidelines and UX principals are adhered to
Skills and experience required to be our UI / UX Designer:
- Demonstrable experience and proven track record
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision
- Experience designing responsive websites, iOS apps and Android apps
- Strong Experience working with Design Systems
- Solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations for various platforms
- Creative ideation, rapid prototyping with a problem-solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Confident in presenting to senior stakeholders
Closing Date: Friday 12th February 2021
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our UI / UX Designer, then please click 'apply' today