Calyx about us:
"Through innovative eClinical solutions and services, Calyx turns the uncertain into the reliable, helping bring new medical treatments to market faster. With deep expertise in clinical development and more than 25 years of supporting trial sponsors and clinical research organizations (CROs), Calyx harnesses that intelligence and activates its potential to solve complex problems, deliver fast insights, and get new drugs to market every day."Job Purpose:
The Program Manager is responsible for the management and leadership of complex /programs related to Calyx's Randomization and Trial Supply Management solution. Agile software development methodology is used, and you will play the role of Release Train Engineer (RTE in the Scaled Agile Framework). Focussing on supporting business and engineering teams and will be responsible for the adherence of good agile practice across multiple agile release trains within the program. Key Accountabilities
:Agile Methodology -
Encourages the proliferation of Agile best practices between different teams.Project Management -
Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects (typically with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies). Program Management -
Plans, directs, and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement a program from contract /proposal initiation to final operational stage including the transition into "business-as-usual",Consultancy -
Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Relationship Management -
Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Change Management
- Develops implementation plans for complex requests for change. Financial Management -
Monitors and manages expenditure, ensuring that all financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure exceed their agreed tolerances. Assists with the definition and operation of effective financial control and decision making, especially in the areas of service, projects and component cost models and the allocation and apportionment of all incurred costs. Skills:
Knowledge and Experience
- High level of business and financial acumen, with proven ability to manage scope, timeline, budget and risk.
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated team-building experience.
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to determine level and method of communication required for diverse audience, and ability to adapt communication style
- Significant levels of initiative and self-confidence, Adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while working in fast paced environment.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Project and other project management tools and methodologies, including knowledge of and ability to utilize implementation methodologies and deliverable templates (Resource Plan; Work Plan; Test Plan; Implementation Plan).
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to engage in Strategic thinking and decision making beyond the project level.
- Scaled Agile Release Train Engineer experience required.
- Advanced knowledge and practice of Agile Project Management methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Feature Driven Development).
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life-cycle.
- Management of global project teams in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated history and success managing multiple, complex software development projects.
- Demonstrated history of contributing to process improvements & building successful teams.
- BS/MS in Business/Engineering or applicable discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years proven project management experience managing concurrent, large scale technology projects which include business process, technology and training deliverables.
- PMP (or equivalent) Certification desired.
- Agile Certification desired.
- Scaled Agile Certification desired.
This role will be based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.Benefits:
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading-edge benefits that you would expect with Calyx.