Competitive salary and benefitsLocation
: Flexible (occasional travel to the Retail Support Centre in Brentwood is required)Work pattern
: 5 days per week (35 hours) - flexible working available
McColl's Retail Group (MRG) are a leading neighbourhood retailer serving the Convenience and Newsagent sectors with a strong national presence throughout the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit an ambitious and highly talented professional to take on the role of Finance Business Partner within our Finance Department.About this role:
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner the key purpose of this role is to support and challenge category controllers in maximising profit across sales to gross contribution.Key Responsibilities:
- Reports into the commercial finance team, focusing on sales to profit reporting for one of several key categories eg. Grocery, Impulse or Beers Wines and Spirits.
- Business partnering to a high standard with both internal and external customers
- Weekly KPI reporting including segmentally.
- Managing risk and opportunity within commercial income, understanding commercial terms, ensuring terms are signed and validated.
- Promotional governance analysis and reporting
- Support Group Category team with relevant reporting and information where applicable
- Adhoc analysis as required across other categories
In order to succeed in this role suitable candidates must have:
- Graduate degree preferable in Accounting and Finance (at least upper second class)
- Professional Qualification CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Strong people skills and an ability to communicate at all levels
- Previous experience in a finance analytical role
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Excellent knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Access
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits that you would associate with a large retailing group including colleague discount, holiday extra scheme and company pension.
To apply please email a current CV and salary expectations (please note only suitable applicants will be contacted for interview.) The closing date advertised is the latest date that this vacancy will close. If we reach the maximum amount of applicants this vacancy may close before the advertised date.