DO Recruitment is delighted to be retained by Eve Lake Conveyancing & Legal Services as they seek to appoint a Conveyancing Legal Assistant. This is a fantastic career opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant to join this established, well respected law firm in their successful Property team. The firm offers excellent support and it's staff are the heart of the business.
Their property team deal with a range of Residential Property transactions and you can expect to gain a great deal of knowledge from working very closely with the Managing Partner and Conveyancing team!
Duties will include:
· Assisting fee earners with a variety of property matters
· Post-completion formalities including Registration, Land Registry Forms and AP1s
· Completing SDLT returns and other online form filing
· Using the Land Registry portal to obtain title and carry out necessary Land Registry searches
· Assisting with drafting the relevant legal documentation to include Contracts and Transfers
· Preparing Completion Statements and Invoices
· Drafting and submitting applications for First Registration of Title
· Assisting the property department generally
The ideal candidate:
· Minimum 2 years Conveyancing experience gained within the residential property sector
· Knowledge of using case management systems - Leap is favoured but training can be given
· Audio typing skills
· Dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls
· Providing new quotes via a hub system
· Ability to use initiative and to work as part of a busy team
· Display a positive flexible attitude
· Possess strong communication skills
This role can also be an opportunity for the successful candidate to qualify as a Conveyancer. The successful applicant will learn all aspects of conveyancing and will learn 'hands on' supporting in a fast-paced residential conveyancing team.
· Working hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm