Senior Support Engineer - Maritime
12 month contract
Advantage Resourcing are working in partnership with a prestigious manufacturing organisation operating within the defence sector to find a maritime specialising support engineer to liaise closely with the bodies responsible for the delivery of operationally available maritime products, proving an agile technical response to complex engineering queries. Depending on your experience this could relate to platform or combat system enquiries.
This is a senior level role requiring 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Typical actions here will include:
* Provision of Astute Class Platform / Combat System technical information from previously published sources.
* Support to the provision of Astute Class Platform / Combat System Authoritative Advice, in accordance with the extant governance process.
* Provision of Platform / Combat System technical information for legacy Class submarines from previously published sources where still available.
* Provision of real-time support to In Service Submarines (ISM) / Combat Systems Group (CSG) customer for Operational Deficiencies (OPDEFs).
Successful candidates will possess:
* Knowledge of Royal Navy operating profiles
* Knowledge of MOD Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) processes.
* Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role
* Understand the need, and have awareness of Product Safety & Environmental policies and SHE.
* Have good communication skills and be able to interact with the MOD, RN and other Enterprise stakeholders
If you feel you meet the criteria please apply, for more information please contact Sam at Advantage Resourcing on
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.