People Analytics Data Scientist, Lovely Blue Chip Technology Led Organisation, Up to £535 per day, 12 month contract, ASAP Start
Overview of the People Analytics Data Scientist:
The Data Scientist will sit within the People Analytics team and will play a critical role in supporting both the company purpose and their People Group ambition by providing data-driven insights that help their leadership make informed and better decisions related to attraction, progression, retention, inclusion and motivation.
The role of Data Scientist will explore complex human and data questions focused on particularly strategic topics including Diversity and Inclusion, Attrition and Employee Insights. The Data Scientist will help the drive innovation in the business, which in turn will make the company workforce stronger and is reflective of the world for which they are developing technology solutions.
In this project-based role, the Data Scientist will analyse, model, test, build, and communicate outcomes that provide insights and lead to data-driven recommendations across the business, influencing and partnering with a range of stakeholder groups - Steering Committees, engineering leadership groups, affinity groups, peers within functional domains in HR and the People Group leadership.
Finally the Data Scientist will craft our clients People Analytics team approach to complex analysis, developing a framework to embed within the People Analytics team - this includes exploration of best practices and tools within this space. You will also consult on best practices on data management and technology in the people analytics domain.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a cross-functional team making a profound difference to what it feels like to work for a truly global and forward thinking organisation. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering patterns and solutions hidden in large data sets as well as a passion for using their expertise to make a genuine difference to the diverse and inclusive environment.
- Seek to understand people-related business problems or questions and help frame them into actual hypotheses that can be answered with data
- Work with colleagues and identified stakeholders to identify appropriate data sets
- Bring together people data and other data sets, as well as external data and research, to help business leaders understand and act on people issues.
- Acquire data through pipeline development situated on varying environments and technologies
- Run experiments, test hypotheses, and perform exploratory data analysis, visualization and model preparation
- Present distilled findings to leadership and other stakeholders through various agreed mediums, whilst communicating technically and simply to technical colleagues.
- Research and recommend technologies and methods across the diversity data analysis discipline to improve the technical capabilities of the business
- Partner with colleagues to share experience and insights that can be embedded within the team
- Collaborate with and communicate broadly within the people analytics team, HR, IT, and the business to expand their data universe and publish analyses.
- Work with partners/vendors to ensure that appropriate methodologies are used to mitigate any impacts from biased data sources.
Whats in your DNA? :
- Experience delivering data science projects with a wide array of business stakeholders and data sets (the end client would prefer experience with employee insights or personally identifiable information (PII) and biased data).
- Data-driven and highly analytical, you can translate data and insights into meaningful visualizations and stories to drive strategy, action, and decision-making at executive levels & beyond
- Design and document rigorous experiments whose methodologies can withstand scrutiny from an engineering/technology community
- You have practice with extracting data from a variety of sources and then applying and evaluating machine learning or statistical models (either in industry or academia).
- Experience in hypothesis testing, statistical analysis, and machine learning (preferred, though not required experience in clustering and text mining).
- Experience with data visualisation tools (PowerBI and Tableau are currently used tools within the business
- Excellent presentation skills, distilling complex analysis and concepts into concise business-focused takeaways.
- High level of respect for confidential information, appreciation of privacy of our employees, and general data governance and ethics.
- Be a constant learner, active listener, and teacher to advance data science, people analytics, and our organization.