A rapidly growing PE backed consumer business are seeking a VAT Tax expert to join its growing tax function, based in their Essex HQs. This company is all about growth as they continue to expand their market remit and increase its volume. Trebling their revenue over the last year, big ticket acquisitions and partnering with some of the market leading brands in the world.
The Indirect Tax Accountant will have responsibility for the preparation of the UK and EU VAT returns/ECSL's/Intrastat reports and all associated compliance issues. In addition to this, there will be an opportunity to provide indirect tax advice to to the business and be involved in projects where indirect tax knowledge is required. Reporting into the Indirect Tax Manager. Responsibilities
- Preparation of UK and EU VAT returns/ECSL's/Intrastat reports.
- Liaise with third party advisors/tax authorities in respect of UK/EU VAT compliance.
- Assist in ensuring we are fully VAT/Customs compliant in all jurisdictions post Brexit.
- Assist in the successful implementation of MTD phase 2.
- Assess how Indirect Tax impacts business activities within other departments and assist in addressing these issues to the relevant parties.
- Provide ad-hoc indirect tax advice to the business where required.
- Business partner with various stakeholders.
- Part or fully qualified in tax or accounting.
- Proven experience in UK and overseas VAT compliance.
- Knowledge of customs duties would be an advantage.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Ability to build relationships across all levels.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to broaden their horizons and join a growing business with huge plans for the the future.
Please get in touch with Simon Riva: