The Contracts Manager is responsible for managing the contract & commercial aspects for Supply Chain, providing integrated expertise in support of Supply Chain, Sales & business performance Client Details
I'm working with a well known defence business with a global presence who are continuing to grow both through natural growth and acquisition Description
- Proactively advising and supporting the Supply Chain team on the interpretation and enforcement of contractual and commercial obligations and identifying opportunities to leverage contractual terms in support of business objectives. Where required, leading on supplier negotiations with respect to contractual obligations.?
- Provide support to new business opportunities in accordance with the Contracts Policy, including the review of T&Cs and commercial aspects of the bid, obtaining approvals, proposal drafting, negotiation, purchase order review and acceptance. ?
- Leading on the drafting, negotiation and execution of supplier framework agreements of strategic importance, liaising with customer-facing teams to understand requirements and design intelligent solutions.?
- Support to customer-facing contracts team including the provision of end-to-end contractual support to substantial new business opportunities where they arise, supporting the bid manager, and advising on contracts and commercial issues as part of proposal Gate reviews.
- Identify and monitor commercial risks and propose mitigation.
- Manage (or support as required) customer and supplier disputes and claims in support of business objectives.
- Contract law knowledge, analysis, application and drafting
- Negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Managerial and interpersonal skills
- Regulatory, governance and policy awarenes
- Degree or equivalent experience in law/business.?
- Experience in applying the broad principles of contract law to supply contracts & new business proposals & negotiations, contract changes, disputes and contract management.?
- Experience of international contracting and the management of foreign-based customers and contracts?
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 depending on experience
Bonus: Annual bonus of 10%
Pension: 12% Matched