Mechanical Maintenance Technician / Senior TechnicianHarwell, OxfordshireSalary £26,399 - £31,058 or £33,963 to £39,955 for the Senior LevelFull time / Flexible hours consideredRef: 10459About Us
Diamond Light Source is the UK's national synchrotron; a huge scientific facility designed to produce very intense beams of X-rays, infrared and ultraviolet light, used to study subjects including new medicines and treatments for disease to innovative engineering and cutting-edge technology.About the Role
We now have an opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician or Senior Mechanical Maintenance Technician with responsibility for providing both technical support and assisting the team in performing building services and building fabric maintenance.
The key duties of the position include:
- Mechanical maintenance of Diamond Electrical / Mechanical and Building Services Infrastructure.
- Assisting with monitoring and testing duties.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis on all site services, including air conditioning and air handling units, piped gases, hot and cold water systems (including unvented and pressurised systems), MTHW/LTHW systems, Chilled Water, refrigeration, etc.
- Supervision of external contractors, service engineers and suppliers, including sub-contractor technical audits.
- Communication with various teams across Diamond to safely achieve maintenance activities.
- Carrying out and assist with the preparation of safety risk assessments and method statements.
- Participating in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Undertake non maintenance duties (i.e. small project work) within the IFM Group as and when the need arises.
- Some participation in 'on call' arrangements during commissioning and operation.
Successful applicants will be considered as either Mechanical Maintenance Technician or Senor Mechanical Maintenance Technician, depending on the strength of your skills, experience and qualifications.
At the senior level the role will also include additional responsibilities including line and task management of Mechanical Maintenance and Maintenance Support Technicians.About You
You should have served a recognised craft Apprenticeship in an Engineering discipline or demonstrate equivalent relevant experience.
You should have experience from some of the following areas:
- Process & Chilled Water systems.
- LTHW/MTHW/Compressed Air systems.
- HVAC systems.
- Drainage/Vacuum Drainage systems.
- Liquid/Gaseous Nitrogen Systems
- Equipment controls and BMS (building management system).
- Quality Control Systems, Work Planning and Safe Systems of work.
- HSE legislation.
For consideration at the senior level you should also have experience of staff supervision.
All candidates should demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, the ability to organise and prioritise tasks to meet planned maintenance timescales and a flexible approach to working conditions and environments.Benefits
Diamond offers an exceptional benefits package to support staff in achieving a positive work/life balance. This includes 25 days annual leave plus 13 days of statutory and company holidays, along with flexible working hours and an excellent pension scheme. Staff also have access to a range of amenities on site including a nursery, cafes, a restaurant and sports and leisure facilities.To Apply
Applicants are required to detail why there are interested and suitable for this position.
The initial closing date will be 21st February 2021
, however, applications will be reviewed and interviewed on an ongoing basis.