Job Title: Proposals & Estimating Engineer (Ref: 18712)
Package: (Contracted Hourly Rate)
The Role Summary
The Proposal & Estimating Engineer supports the Proposal & Estimating Manager during the RFQ phase.
The main focus of activity on the "Proposal & Estimating" processes is to analyze with the Proposals Team the incoming RFQ and Customer Documentation & Specifications, supporting the team and highlighting the open issues in the Customer documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
(these are the positions essential duties and is not an all-inclusive list)
Main areas of responsibilities are:
- Support the Proposal & Estimating team in the RFQ phase, to complete the costumer requested price format and other documents.
- Support Proposal & Estimating team in clarification request and answer out/in.
- Assure that the development team outputs are in line with the business specifications and requirements.
- Translate with the Proposal Team the incoming RFQ and Customer Technical Documentation, change management offer documents, support the team and highlighting the open issues in the customer documents working in cooperation with Sales.
- Follow the bid development and preparation managing meetings for tacking open and critical items to be considered in the final bid process.
- Drive Proposal & Estimating team through the milestones
- Support bid submission by creating value-added controls solutions based on company standards or other innovative solutions to leverage Digital (Industry 4.0) technologies
- Support the Value-Walk and ROI (return on investment) process, working with the Customer Account Manager to demonstrate specific economic benefits from our solutions in terms of reduced CAPEX, reduced OPEX.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the Proposal & Estimating activity
- P&E Reporting
- General-purpose IT tools
- Change Management
- PLC programming / architectures (Siemens, Rockwell, etc)
- Robot programming
- Programming (VBA, VB, C++, ..)
- Standard FMEA / design FMEA / process FMEA
- Digital solutions (MES, IoT, SCADA, etc)
- Technical Customer management
- Workload Capacity Tools
- Project Risk Management
- Experience with relational databases and their associated concepts (like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)