Gousto are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
To support our growth, we're looking for experienced and passionate Senior Python Software Engineers to help us take our technology platform to the next level. As a Senior Python Software Engineer at Gousto, you'll be working closely with other members of the Engineering team to help shape our architecture, our engineering processes and help to build a massively talented engineering team.Key Responsibilities
Delivering delight to our customers - You'll be working on one of our cross-functional product teams focusing on giving our customers the best possible experience. Day to day your work will involve shipping new features, experimenting with the best possible approach to a problem, supporting other teams or departments, or doing whatever it takes to help us hit our business goals.
Continuing to evolve our agile development process - We give our teams the autonomy to choose the right approach to development, we currently use Scrum or Kanban. We like it and we believe it aligns with Gousto's delivery led culture. However, we also understand that great agile processes aren't written in stone. We're looking for someone who's experienced agile practices and brings a small batch, lean approach to working.
As part of the Supply tribe at Gousto the Senior Engineer will be responsible for the following areas:
- Software development using the Python programming language in order to:
- Build and maintain Gousto supply chain functionality
- Mentor and train our junior engineers
- Identify opportunities to improve our systems and put those opportunities into practice.
- Ability to design, implement and maintain a distributed system based on AWS using technologies such as SNS/SQS, Lambda, DynamoDb, RDS and Docker.
- Aware of best practices in both Python and distributed systems development to help the team avoid common pitfalls and ensure we deliver on time.
- Communicate concepts and ideas to people with different levels of technical expertise throughout the business. This includes face to face, written communication and presentations.
- Attend guild (cross-team) meetings to help organise consistent software development practices across the Gousto technical organisation.
- Take part in our hiring process by conducting technical interviews.
- Broad and deep engineering skills primarily with Python.
- A proven track record leading technology teams in complex engineering environments. Ideally, you'll have experience building software that is used across multiple teams
- Experience of working with, and shaping, distributed systems on a public cloud platform.
- Worked within a DevOps organisation. At Gousto our developers are responsible for the operational health of the services they develop. We believe this fosters a great culture and are looking for someone who knows how to handle those rare but critical production issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, whether to the engineering team, to business stakeholders or to our leadership team
What's it like working at Gousto?
You're a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You take initiative and are a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You'll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.Benefits
Our offices are ergonomically tested for comfort, noise levels and ensuring we have different spaces to collaborate in. Not to mention daily coffee, tea, fruit and ice creams (vegan options too!). We have weekly Friday socials ranging from team updates, birthday celebrations, meet ups and more! Soft drinks, beer, wine and more snacks included! (Well we do love food)
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Gousto Academy training courses
- Free food & recipes from the test kitchen
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, mug