Our Cheltenham branch are recruiting for Reablement support workers across all of Gloucestershire including: Cheltenham, Gloucester and Stroud!
As a Reablement support worker you will be supporting people within their own homes in the community with a range of tasks and promoting independence. This role will be playing a crucial part in supporting local hospitals in Gloucestershire with their discharges, helping to get people out of hospital beds and back into their own homes!
Retain Healthcare are seeking a variety of full and part time Home Carer staff to join its team based in Gloucestershire. We offer a flexible approach to working and have a true understanding of the work-life balance.
You can enjoy weekly pay as well as being offered a company pension scheme, paid holidays and first uniform for free. In addition, you can apply to complete NVQ and diploma qualifications, local training and your own personalised career development pathway.
Retain Healthcare is a fresh, innovative provider covering the South West, with recruitment experts who have the knowledge and background to offer you the most up to date and comprehensive training in both social care and clinical care skills. They are committed to safeguarding and will complete full employment checks in line with their safer recruitment process, including employment references and a DBS check.
Your aim is to encourage service users towards the maximum degree of independence and to engage in activities appropriate to their abilities. As a Home Carer your duties will include:
- Assisting service users when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Providing assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Maintaining commodes, washing clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
- Providing assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that the service user cannot manage and providing general support as part of a caring team.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. This includes the use of aids and other personal equipment.
To be a successful Home Carer you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Prior experience isn't necessary but experienced carers are very welcome. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
As the Home Carer, you will be required to work full or part-time
to complete shifts between 7am and 11pm on a rota basis.
Even if you've always thought about working in care but never made the move, the company is here to help, support and train you! Full training provided.
For more information please contact us on !