London W1t area, with opportunity for home working 1-2 days a week.
If you enjoy a structured routine role, please read no more!
Our client is a dynamic, well funded SME, embarking on an imminent expansion across the UK and Europe.
The business is mature enough to prove its model works, but young enough that you can play an integral role in shaping the department processes, systems and procedures.
Perfect for a Management Accountant who is up for an exciting challenge and wants to advance their career in finance and accounting in a high growth environment.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for preparing financial data for month end that feeds into management reporting, providing P&L and Balance Sheet analysis against budget, deliver high quality commentary to the Finance Manager and Controller, supervising the Finance Assistant with month end tasks, business partnering with Operations staff based at sites throughout the UK, assist with operational decision-making and carrying out ad-hoc pieces of work for the wider finance team.
While the company is in the early stage of establishing new systems and processes, the Management Accountant will need to be comfortable working in an environment that is constantly evolving with the needs of the business and able to take on ad-hoc tasks to support the Finance team with ongoing process development and systems improvement.
* Executing month end procedures including supervision of the Finance Assistant
* Accountable for the timely and accurate and production of the site P&Ls for multiple sites
* Providing insightful P&L analysis and commentary on revenue, costs and KPIs
* Achieving correct revenue recognition accounting for licences, accrued and deferred income
* Producing balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
* Intercompany reconciliations
* Corporate overhead accounting and recharges
* Reviewing billing schedules and client deposit returns
* Maintaining fixed asset registers
* Producing supporting schedules and backup for year-end reporting
* Preparation of VAT returns
* Maintaining finance policies and procedures
* Ownership of the AP and AR ledgers including liaising with Finance Assistant and site teams to resolve issues
* Supporting Finance Manager with credit control, escalations and terminations
* Supporting the Finance Manager with weekly KPI reporting
* Supporting the Finance Manager, Financial Controller and CFO with ad-hoc analysis, reporting or systems implementation procedures
Qualifications and experience
Previous experience in a similar role in industry
CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or finalist
Clear communication skills and confidence in discussing finance areas with non-finance staff
Proficient in Excel
Excellent organizational and time management skills