Senior Software Release Engineer - CI/CD
A unique opportunity for a Senior Software Release Engineer, to work for a hugely successful and well-invested communications company who are on a large growth trajectory. In this role you will be responsible for the fast and efficient delivery of software builds from developers to testers, ensuring a high degree of maintenance of the automated build, test and delivery tool chain.
Location - Cambridge, UK (post-covid - please only apply if you are willing to work on site in Cambridge).
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 per annum plus comprehensive benefits
Requirements for Senior Software Release Engineer - CI/CD
* Ideally, you will hold a degree in a STEM subject such as Computer Science, Computer Networks, Electronic Engineering, Maths, Physics or similar.
* Ideally, you will have commercial experience in a Software Release Engineering capacity, however, System Administrators, Software Engineers or Test Engineers who have started to move towards build, release and DevOps will also be considered
* Strong experience working with Linux and Windows machines
* Solid understanding of Software Applications, Build, Analysis and Test Tool Systems construction
* Excellent scripting ability in Python, Perl and Bash
* Highly experienced in incident management with excellent problem-solving skills
* Passion for scripting/programming and delivery automation
Responsibilities for Senior Software Release Engineer - CI/CD
In this role you will be responsible for the fast and efficient delivery of software builds from Developers to Testers, ensuring a high degree of maintenance of the automated build, test and delivery tool chain. It also involves continuous improvement to the delivery process and tools. The role is working with local servers based in the Cambridge office.
Daily responsibilities will include:
* Making regular software deliveries to the test team
* Creating, maintaining and improving the CI/CD tools
* Monitoring the performance and effectiveness of the automated tool chain
* Provide training and CI tools account maintenance for software developers
* Software development support duties on occasion, when required
What the role offers:
* Working for a company offering fantastic job stability in the current market - this company saw large growth in 2020
* An incredible office environment
* A fantastic remuneration and benefits package
If you are interested in applying for the unique Senior Software Release role, then please send your CV today via the relevant links!
RedTech is operating as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at RedTech. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status