Embedded Systems EngineerPulborough - £24,000- £26,000 + DOE
Analysis, design, programming, debug, and documentation of
firmware/software for both PC and embedded applications on company
- Design and implementation of software associated with company's development.
- Maintenance of software, version control and release archiving.
- Liaison with customers and other organisations as required to ensure the design meets thecustomers' requirements.
- Conduct the writing of software to meet the timescales and cost presented on the project
- To attend product design reviews and confirm the integrity of software design.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Assist the design team in estimating times and costs for the project.
- Provide code, operating principles, calibration procedures and operating instructions for the designed product.
- Ensure the design meets quality and safety standards.
- Keep informed and support EMS and improvement team activities and ISO9001 - Quality and ISO 14001
Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering with significant experience and interest in embedded systems and hardware.
Experience in software design and development with an emphasis on structured methods.
Experience of Microchip PIC/DSP controllers and C programming
Knowledge of embedded systems and digital control theory.
A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving along with analytical thinking skills.
Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others.
A quick learner and logical thinker.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Full company job specification and company details are available when CV's are submittedPlease contact Denise Buchan