An opportunity has arisen to lead a newly created EO Technology group within the EO Seekers and Sensors Department. You will lead a small team of EO Engineers and SMEs and lead the R&T activities within the department. This is an exciting role, as it will require you to create 'technology value' within EO Department, undertaking the external business winning (and delivery) for ERAD, as well as future planning of both ERAD & IRAD activities in order to align with CW Portfolio
Internal within MBDA you will connect with the future programme and portfolio demands, and develop the EO technology roadmaps to define the department's research and development programmes. External, within the MoD customer and technology partners you will brief this community on what technologies are of importance to MBDA's future portfolio and also to identify and compete for external funding, enabling MBDA to build partnerships with key suppliers, SMEs and academic institutes.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- A broad understanding of electro-optics (EO) and ideally EO imaging technology
- Experience of strong team leadership and practice of team management skills and tasks
- Experience of successfully working on small projects, ideally with academic and/or SME partners, where budget and time constraints were key drivers to the project
- Experience of using technical software packages such as Mathworks and National Instruments products
- A good understanding of system design across the full lifecycle from requirements elicitation and management through to verification and validation
- Awareness of work package management, including risk management, finance control, programme management and reporting
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience in Physics, Electronics, or maths related subjects
- No barriers to gain UK Security Clearance, and willingness to undertake 'DV level' clearance
EO Seeker technology is a rapidly developing topic with a number of new and innovative approaches. The role offers the opportunity to contribute to this technology evolution, and grow your experience both in terms of team leadership and technical expertise.
You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues at other MBDA sites both in the UK and across Europe as well as continue to build connections across the wider EO communityWhat we can offer
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.The Role
Here's what's great about our team
- Group Leader for a new EO Technology Group
- Responsible for the coordination of MBDA EO Technology R&D, across internal and external funding frameworks
- Working with a highly motivated group of SMEs and technologists on the exploitation of next generation EO technologies, such as LADAR/LIDAR and Computational Imaging
- Taking 'blue-sky' ideas and turning them into technology demonstrations to support future programme concepts
- Engagement across MBDA, working with EO counterparts in German, France and Italy
In EO Seekers & Sensors, you'll be joining a dynamic team, focused on the development of technically complex concepts into a diverse set of customer projects across the MBDA group.
With a number of new employees recently joining from academia and industry, the team has a healthy mix of skills and experiences, and is positioned well for future growth.
The team uses a range of online communication tools to keep connected (particularly during 2020), as well as still maintaining a good (and safe!) presence in the office and EO laboratory facilitiesMBDA
is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.