Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB4 0WN
Salary: Very competitive salary, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are HUBER+SUHNER, a global player based in Switzerland and we are now recruiting.
We develop and manufacture components and system solutions for the electrical and optical transfer of data and energy.
Through connectivity solutions in three key technologies of radio frequency, fibre optics and low frequency, the company serves three markets: communications, transportation and industrial.
We are now recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician to work as part of the Manufacturing Operations Team and to help in building world class products for the communications, defence, space and transformations industries.
About the Manufacturing Technician role:
Your role will involve assembly, inspection and test of micro-components in a cleanroom environment and engaging in key Product and Process related projects in support of driving a Lean Manufacturing culture.
It will be your responsibility to perform data analysis of the precision manufactured parts for the development of concepts and prototypes, in addition to determining pass, fail or rework approach.
In addition to this, your responsibilities will include:
* Test products or subassemblies for function or quality.
* Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices or products.
* Build product sub-assemblies or final products.
* Prepare and assemble materials.
* Set up and operate production equipment.
* Assist Engineers in developing, building and testing of prototypes, new products, processes or procedures
* Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production using tools, for example, callipers, micrometres, gauges.
* Inspect finished goods for quality and adherence to company and customer specifications.
* Manage and keep up to date production logs and tracking documentation and systems.
* Maintain inventory of materials and package finished goods.
* Participate in planning and scheduling and manage time to meet agreed on time delivery
* Develop, prepare and create production documents. For example, Standard Work Instructions, Batch records, inventory reports, productivity reports
* Provide production progress or changeover reports to supervisors.
* Setup and verify the functionality of safety equipment
* Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for Health and Safety and Environment compliance
* Manage work area to agreed 5S standards
* Participate in and drive Lean practices including identification, investigation, and implementation of organisation programmes and projects
To be successful, you'll need to have:
* Attention to detail and an awareness of Health & Safety practices, are key to this role
* Evidence of strong practical skills is essential
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of processes and the ability to implement those.
* Able to interpret engineering proposals and liaise with other disciplines
* Able to follow work instructions
* Create work instructions, if required
* Capable of working efficiently with minimal supervision
* An excellent team player who can positively influence the team; being able to contribute ideas to improve process times, quality and yield
* Familiar with using Microsoft Excel, or MES systems for data entry
About HUBER+SUHNER Polatis:
Based in a prime location on the Cambridge Science Park, HUBER+SUHNER Polatis is the world leader in the design and manufacture of energy-efficient, all-optical switching solutions that connect optical fibers directly to make networks more flexible, agile and reliable.
We offer a range of optical switching solutions which are used in a number of different markets including cyber surveillance, government systems, telecommunications, data centre networks and oil and gas instrumentation.
Founded in 2005 as a result of the merger of leading optical technology companies from Massachusetts and the UK, the company is now part of the HUBER+SUHNER group Fiber Optics Division.
We offer a friendly and informal work environment in a prime location on the Cambridge Science Park, a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme, plus a range of benefits including private health care, a generous non-contributory pension scheme, health shield cash plan, and cycle to work scheme.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please