Looking for the next step up? We have a great 6 month opportunity (maternity cover) for a Commercial Operations Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the SYNLAB UK Head of Procurement, and with local responsibility to Laboratory General Managers, provide effective commercial operations support across our key laboratory groups in the South East and North (Pathology First and CPP) to:
- Ensure value for money and achieve cost savings where possible across the respective business
- Obtain goods and services for optimal price and value
- Negotiate supply contracts on terms advantageous to the respective businesses and SYNLAB UK
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure swift resolution of issues as they arise;
- Build strong working relationships between laboratory management/staff and suppliers.
Other duties include:
- Provide commercial operations leadership and support to each laboratory group to identify and mitigate supplier risks and promptly resolve supplier issues (including pricing, stock quality and delivery issues) as they arise.
- Actively seek stakeholder feedback on supplier/product/service performance for contract reviews and to inform future purchasing and/or extension decisions
- Establish and lead on-site meetings with suppliers to review contractual performance and resolve any ongoing issues
How to apply:
- Experience of negotiating commercial supplier contracts and resolving commercial problems;
- Strong tender document preparation and general writing abilities;
- Strong commercial awareness and financial capability;
- Problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to continuously meet deadlines;
- Confidence in speaking to suppliers and colleagues;
- A high degree of independence, flexibility and energy with a pragmatic down to earth approach;
- A desire to be part of a growing business;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
If you are interested in this role and have the skills, experience and behaviours we are looking for, please follow the link to apply. If this job isn't right for you but you are looking for a new position, please keep check our website for future opportunities.
Synlab UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.