Position: Azure Cloud Engineer
Location: Brighton, East Sussex (Currently Remote)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000 to £65,000 per annum based on experience
Benefits: Flexible working, home working, healthcare, pension, local discounts (including cinema tickets and travel) and a cycle to work scheme
About the role
As an Azure Cloud Engineer at Vero Screening you'll be creating CI/CD pipelines in Azure, looking for automation and optimisation opportunities, and rebuilding large amounts of infrastructure from the ground up, using the latest Azure technologies. You'll be the expert in helping us build market leading products in the cloud that set us apart from competitors.
You'll be part of a collaborative and supportive team, but leading the DevOps thinking and implementation. So, you'll fit right in if you:
- Are passionate about DevOps and want to be part of an organisation committed to excellence, at the forefront of change.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a forward-thinking approach and want to make a mark on some exciting and important projects.
- Are a strong and collaborative worker who can manage and build effective relationships.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Multiple years' experience working with Azure Cloud and understanding of Azure Resource Manager implementations and a good knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
- A good understanding of applications and infrastructure monitoring, logging and ability to build auto-scaling infrastructure.
- To have worked as a commercial Developer or in a hands-on technical role for more than 4 years.
- Some commercial programming experience (preferably C#).
- SQL Database experience, with an understanding of DB optimisation and query creation (Azure SQL or MS SQL).
- A good understanding of source control (Git).
Knowledge and experience which is useful but not essential includes experience migrating legacy applications into the Cloud, experience of test-driven development and implementation of an automated test framework, experience of Azure Resource Manager template-based deployments
Why work for Vero?
- It's our driving ambition to create value in everything we do
- We listen, learn and make smart decisions
- We attract positive and engaged employees, who embrace our respectful and supportive culture
- And we're committed to nurturing our talent and seeing our people flourish
- We embrace challenges and actively seek out opportunities to excel.
We're the largest independent employment screening company in the UK with a significant international service capability. And we've worked hard to establish our reputation for excellence in service and technology. Our clients see us as both a critical supplier and a close partner, working collaboratively with their HR teams to onboard their new employees quickly and compliantly. Founded in 2006, we've grown our company to almost 200 employees. And we've kept pace with sweeping changes in legislation, regulation and technology during that time. There's more to employment screening than you might think and there's plenty of exciting change on the horizon.
The important basics
Vero Screening recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role.
You may have experience of the following: Azure DevOps, Cloud engineer, Azure Resource Manager, Powershell scripting, Software Architecture, Software Developer, Azure SQL developer, C# .Net, etc.