Preqin is an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use Preqin's online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Preqin's clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors and placement agents.
Primarily a data company, Preqin is also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a world-wide staff base. Owned by our founder, directors and employee shareholders, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen. Team Overview
This role is part of Preqin's rapidly growing global marketing team. We're responsible for innovating Preqin's brand and driving measurable results for Sales. We're always looking for creative, data-driven visionaries with bold ideas to join our team!Role Overview:
This role is responsible for building our brand across our wide network of marketing partnerships, student and academic programs and industry influencers. We're looking for a marketer with strong communication skills to fill this entrepreneurial new role. Prior experience in private equity, venture capital, hedge funds or real estate is preferred.Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Requirements for this Role:
- Lead our influencer marketing programs - proactively setting team KPIs and developing our network of industry influencers, associations and content partners
- Directly oversee more than 30+ industry association partners and drive demand, research engagement and brand value through these relationships
- Evaluate partnership opportunities that support our brand values, including those that position us as a thought leader in alternatives and more broadly in technology, data science, analytics, ESG and private company data
- Build an affiliate marketing program to tracks third-party referrals that lead to Preqin demo requests and measure the ROI of this initiative
- Lead our student and academic marketing initiatives, demonstrating measurable growth in line with brand targets, and directly manage the team who manages these programs
- Partner cross-functionally with teams across Market Development to develop and manage programs that increase ongoing engagement from our Preqin client network
- Build an analyst relations program that engages consultants who review the industry, offer a valued voice or write content to ensure that Preqin and our data are represented
- Conduct and maintain an industry mapping to identify other emerging segments and platforms that have a growing influence on how decisions are made in our industry
- Maintain our digital presence on third-party platforms, such as Wikipedia, Medium, G2, Glassdoor, and partner with product marketing, content, and HR, as relevant, to increase the positive representation of our brand and data
- Manage one direct report
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A proactive project manager who can work in an agile, global environment to drive results
- Familiarity with private equity, hedge funds or other alternatives asset classes to effectively position the value we bring to sophisticated industry influencers
- University-level degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related
· Prior experience in private equity, venture capital, hedge funds or real estate is preferred.Company Benefits:
Covid 19 note:
- Access to Preqin Perks after month 1. Our rewards, recognition and discount platform.
- Subsidised Private Medical Insurance via Vitality Health, after successful completion of probation, should you wish to.
- Interest-free season ticket loans on completion of probation (which is normally 3 months).
- A pension plan under auto-enrolment which currently requires a minimum employee contribution of 5% of annual salary. This is matched by an employer contribution of 4%. You can opt to contribute more should you wish to. After your 1-year service with the company the employer contribution will be enhanced to match your contribution up to a maximum of 10% of your pensionable earnings. This means that if you are contributing the minimum contribution of 5%, after your 1-year service, Preqin will automatically uplift the company contribution to 5% of annual salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The company operates an employee share scheme with an annual allocation to those with over 1-year service at the time of allocation.
- Study support of up to £900 per annum for relevant business qualifications and enhanced support of up to $2,500 for CAIA.
- City of London Office with complimentary on-site fitness facilities (gym, fitness classes and swimming pool)
- Company-sponsored sports teams.
- Fruit baskets in the office twice a week
- Winter and summer office parties and a company-funded team social budget.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Preqin has closed its offices and moved staff to work from home. Our primary goals are to ensure the safety of our employees, and to keep providing our clients with the best-in-class support they have come to expect from us. However, we have not slowed our recruitment activity due to the outbreak, and have adopted a remote interviewing, onboarding and training process. Our growth plans have not stopped, and we anticipate onboarding a significant number of staff in the coming months.