The Strategic Insight Manager is a new role within the Insight Team, designed to both meet the increasing demands facing the business and unlock the additional potential within our existing offer. This is a hands-on role, and you will be working across our entire product set, learning to deliver our existing reporting successfully while identifying opportunities and pursuing them to completion. This role demands strong judgement, analytical and entrepreneurial leadership, and an ability to anticipate issues and lead by influencing of a multitude of internal and external stakeholders. Our team manages a 900 strong insight community of insight and strategy professionals within the retail sector, this role will lead the development community offering, how our insights are marketed to retail members, private sector non-members and paying subscribers.This is a permanent full-time opportunity (35 hours per week).
This role is currently home-based due to Covid19. When restrictions allow the role will be London based with the flexibility to work from home for some of the time.The Role
What you'll be doing:Building out our 'insight as a service' by:
Supporting the commercialisation of our insight offer by:
- Improving the frequency, cadence and quality of our thought leadership and reporting. Ideally, the role holder will be a 'full circle' analyst, able to analyse. compose and distribute content via our online channels.
- Working in an agile way across multiple projects and deliverables, you will demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills and a proven experience of successfully delivering new content and partnerships.
- Quickly and effectively synthesising and publishing insights to a rapid cadence, to increase frequency and quality of thought leadership and analysis.
Skills & industry experience
- Generating income via data subscriptions, webinars and content partnerships. The ideal role holder will ideally have had client-facing experience in a commercial environment and understand how insight is commercialised.
- Identifying and costing opportunities, working with retailers and suppliers to retail, in the insight and analytics space to identify value chain between them
- Confidently (and quickly) building out and delivering presentations for partners and associates, creating compelling narratives from existing data and talking confidently about retail sector performance.
- Delivering existing reporting and answering ad hoc member queries on sales, footfall, etc.
The Strategic Insight Manager will have:
Additional personal attributes
- Worked in a retail or retail adjacent sector or progressed quickly up the ranks of another sector, consultancy or insight agency
- Proven commercial acumen: an entrepreneurial mindset, experience as a finance or industry analyst, or consultancy background.
- A proven ability to deliver commercial value to an organisation and the ability to communicate this value.
- The ability to quickly synthesise and articulate original analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal: competent at delivering webinars, presentations, events and managing multiple external partner/supplier relationships.
- Have proven ability to manage their time effectively, work with little direction and to guide others in delivering market analysis.
- Media experience; this is beneficial but not required as there could be opportunities to appear on television and radio for the right candidate.
- (preferred) Have strong quantitative analysis skills, familiar with econometrics and forecasting techniques.
- (preferred) Have a degree level qualification in economics, finance, analytics or a related subject with ideally 5 years' experience in a similar role.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Knowledgeable of the retail industry and the mechanics behind retail performance.
- A decent knowledge of economics and the macro-economic drivers that influence retail.
- Be a creative, lateral thinker.
- A high level of Excel skills.
- Experience in secondary research and/or survey design/delivery.
- Be a strong team player; selfless in their approach to helping their fellow team-members solve any challenges that may arise.
- Personable and approachable; able to reach desirable outcomes with challenging stakeholders, and complex projects.
- Be quick to learn and flexible; able to grasp new issues and shape solutions appropriate to resource and time constraints and the goals of stakeholders.
: Friday 12th February 2021
If you are interested in applying, please apply via LinkedIn today or send your CV to HRTeam@brc.org.uk
If you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. May we thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your ongoing job search.