Electronics/Senior Electronics Engineer, Kenwood Business (De'Longhi Group) Kenwood Global Headquarters, Havant, Hampshire | £Competitive + excellent benefits Seeking electronics engineers who can collaborate and innovate.
Kenwood's Electronics Engineers lead the design and development of electronics for our renowned food preparation products. But that's merely scratching the surface of their contribution. They own projects, iterate electronics design, work in cross-functional teams that include marketing and new product development, visit suppliers and more. They are collaborative, outward-looking technologists who learn continuously in order to keep us ahead of the competition.
We're now looking for an Electronics/Senior Electronics Engineer to work in an environment where close collaboration with other departments is essential. The role
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will lead the design and development of electronics for assigned projects within the Kenwood range.
Your projects will cover the Kenwood product range including technologies such as touch screens, WiFi & BLe for IOT capability, App control, OTA SW updates, 32-bit MCUs, series motors and load cells.
You'll help us innovate to provide cost-effective customer benefits, delivering in-house electronics design and working with external development partners to build and deliver projects from concept to production. You'll be hands-on with iteration and laboratory work such as testing and de-bugging.
This is a role where you'll be able to expand your horizons: you'll have access to the expertise across our group and the opportunity to travel as you deal with our suppliers and factories in China. (Travel varies throughout the project lifecycle, peaking at three or four trips per year of 1 or 2 weeks' duration, but more normally no more than one annual trip).
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and experience within an electronics and projects environment for a renowned brand, supported by excellent internal lab facilities for product and electronics development and testing including EMC chambers. Key responsibilities
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Designing requirements specification and validation
- Designing and developing electronics for domestic appliances at a system and PCBA level
- Developing in partnership with European and China suppliers as well as in-house design
- Concept development of new features and solutions
- Contributing to the schematic design of MCU-based circuits with digital and analogue electronics
- Component selection to meet functional and compliance requirements
- Design validation testing at PCBA and system level
- Methodical technical problem solving at system, firmware or hardware level to root cause
- Ensuring design meets safety requirements for regulatory approval
- Designing and testing for EMC compliance and EMC performance improvement
- Working in a multidisciplinary team to deliver market-leading consumer products
- Documentation, rigorous configuration management and EC release
- Specification and execution of test requirements through product development
- Use of toolsets such as GIT, Jira and Testrail in an Agile environment
Outward-looking and a strong collaborator, you'll be someone who can provide direction and control to the overall design effort while designing strong electronics solutions. As such you'll combine technical expertise with the ability to oversee a project from initiation to completion, accessing resources from the wider team when necessary.
You'll have an applicable degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent, with demonstrable experience in a relevant role and the ability to lead electronics and manage suppliers in a project environment.
You'll be competent in design software (ideally Altium), embedded C programming and SW version control, analogue and digital design. You'll have sound knowledge of safety/EMC compliance for electronics, testing and de-bugging, electro-mechanical integration/DFM and PCBA manufacturing processes.
Finally, Kenwood Electronics Engineers must evolve. So when you work for us it's not just about what you bring, but also your ability to acquire new skills and knowledge. You'll be open to the opportunity to learn from those around you, and excited to work within a project environment. What's in for you?
Aside from an outstanding benefits package and a friendly, diverse culture, you'll enjoy the reward of owning projects throughout the full lifecycle of concept to delivery, within an entrepreneurial and forward-looking team. Our culture and workplace environment are industry-leading, with heavy investment into learning and development for all staff. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent contributory pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Superb subsidised restaurant
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible benefits package
- Access to a range of wellbeing activities and events
Kenwood is a world leader in food preparation technology and a renowned kitchen appliance brand. Our products allow anyone, from novices to professional chefs, to enjoy the thrill of creating their own delicious food and drinks. While our appliances are engineered to stand the test of time, we're pioneers who continually push the boundaries of technology, always looking for new and easier ways for people to get creative in the kitchen. The location
You'll work from Kenwood's global HQ on the beautiful South Coast between Portsmouth and Chichester, where our products are conceived and tested, and where our UK De'Longhi division is based.
When applying please can you also include your salary expectations.