The Assistant Accountant will work alongside the existing finance team and report into the Finance Manager. Key tasks include preparation of management accounts for several limited companies. This includes but not limited to, accruals, prepayments, balance sheet reviews. Preparation of rent schedules and raising sales invoices Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Management accounts preparation including accruals, prepayments, deferred income and balance sheet reviews. Working alongside other members of the finance team to ensure ledgers are closed in a timely manner for month end.
- Preparation of client annual rent schedules to local authorities. This includes analysing data from a 12-month period to accurately calculate the schedules to ensure costs are recovered through rent.
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Assisting with preparation of annual budgets.
- Raising sales invoices.
- Assisting in purchase and sales ledger tasks when required.
- Providing holiday cover for the finance department staff.
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company and within the job holders capabilities may be required. The duties will evolve and be modified by changes within the company.Skills (includes Key Competencies)
Experience and QualificationEssential
- It Skills, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Microsoft Navision skills desirable
- Part qualified (ACCA, CIMA)
- Good understanding of accounting standards
- Good communicator and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills and can work in a methodical manner
- Time management skills
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle