A leading Insurance claims business has a key new opening in their In House legal department to join them as a Litigation Support Executive.
As a Litigation Support Executive you will handle and monitor progress of assigned files by appointed solicitor in line with agreed service level agreements. You will deliver individual targets to support the departments effective timely recovery of debt.Key Accountabilities
- To progress a case load of assigned files from solicitor appointment to resolution.
- To understand the service level agreement in place with assigned files, liaising and chasing as needed to ensure delivery.
- To ensure effective communication with solicitors to produce weekly file updates and prompt notification of insurers response to deadlines and court outcomes.
- To assist fellow team members with legal/procedural queries
- To deliver individual targets set re timescales of solicitor acknowledgement negotiated settlement or initiated action, and percentage of actual recovery.
- To identify shortfalls in service level agreement, reporting repetition or serious or unresolved issues to team leader.
- To monitor and prioritise incoming email and post, communicating where necessary, bringing urgent matters to the attention of the team leader.
- To acknowledge and act upon solicitor and court correspondence.
- To maintain regular progress updates with team leader, presenting overview of file status and proactively make recommendations on issues identified.
- To conduct additional / alternative work as assigned by team leader to cover absenteeism or facilitate the smooth running of the department to achieve targets.
To be considered you must have previous experience within a litigation environment ideally within RTA, credit hire or PI. You will ideally have a working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules and the litigation process. You must have clear verbal communication skills, be persuasive and assertive with the ability to prioritise recognising importance and urgency.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including free on site parking. This role will start on a remote basis working from home with full home set up provided. You will need to be able to be within reasonable distance of the office location in Lichfield where the role will be based once the Covid pandemic is over.