£50,000 - £60,000
This is an exciting, newly created role with a Software business who are established in the Cambridge area and offer an excellent working environment with lots of flexibility for employees.
This is a permanent role focused on the implementation of a new finance system from research stage to implementation and then continued system support.
You will manage and help develop the company financial systems to ensure the value maximisation of financial data, improve process efficiency and maintain an appropriate controls environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the management of company financial systems, including platform management, general ledger management, data migrations, system-automated internal controls, and process flows.
- Provide solutions in order to improve and automate financial processes.
- Train and support Finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures.
- Undertake and assist with managing business change projects.
- Ensure systems documentation is maintained and up to date, including user guides.
- Represent the Finance team in key IT related projects.
- Research and provide guidance on new systems and technologies.
- Produce tender materials where necessary for key financial systems projects.
- Act as Finance lead on financial system implementations.
- Design and scope system generated reports and dashboards to meet user needs and enhance stakeholder decision-making and planning.
- Perform systems maintenance and update tasks as part of BAU activities.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified in ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Experience of managing key elements of financial systems including internal controls, databases, data extraction, systems integrations and design and development of system generated reports.
- Experience of identifying and rectifying process inefficiencies.
- Proven track record of financial systems implementation.
- History of leading successful financial projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Continuous improver and problem solver.
- Able to communicate with non-finance people.
- Decisive with the ability to make judgements and decisions in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Experience of any of the below systems is desirable: Sage 200 and X3; NetSuite; FinancialForce; and Workday and Adaptive Insights.
Please apply now to be considered.