Care Team Leader - Day Shift / Night Shift Permanent Role
(Full time shift hours per week + Employee benefits in addition)
If you enjoy helping people and want to make a difference in their lives, this job could be just what you are looking for.
Right now, we are actively hiring for a professional and experienced Team Lead Care for a leading provider of residential, nursing and EMI care homes in the UK.
Balquhidder House- Handsale Ltd
The home caters 65 residents and offers Nursing and Residential care. We care for people those with Dementia & Old Age. Facility & Services we offer are Palliative Care, Respite Care, Convalescent Care, Alzheimer's Care, Cancer Care, Stroke, Bipolar/Manic Depression, Cerebral Palsy, Colitis & Crohn's Disease and Separate EMI Unit.
In collaboration with Home Manager, you will be required to contribute toward achieving the highest possible standard of care, through direct nursing care and effective supervision of Staff Members. To take management responsibility for a shift as directed.
Qualifications and Skills
* SVQ Level 3 or above OR Equivalent in Health and Social Care
* Experience of Safe Handling of Medicines (Must have)
* Team Supervision / Care Unit management
* Satisfactory CRB / DBS checks
* Competitive rates of pay
* 28 days Holiday Entitlement
* Additional courses and extra training to advance your careers and improve your skills
* Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
* Established, Reputable, Forward Thinking Employer
Responsibilities and Duties of Lead Senior Care:
* Promote independence & improve mobility of residents for your specific unit or department
* Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Centre, under the supervision of senior Staff Members.
* Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Clients, when required, with all aspects of daily living.
* Assist Clients in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional, and spiritual)
* Provide supervision and attention when needed, ensuring Clients retain their comfort and dignity
* Pay particular attention to assisting Clients who have limited mobility or physical / learning difficulties making the best use of aids provided
* Closely monitor Clients who may be confused and/or who have behavioral problems, Assist in the promotion of continence.
* Assist in the delivery of care for Clients who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
* Complete, observe, & review care planning needs for Clients, and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
* Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Clients and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Centre.
* Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
* Make and change beds, ensure that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Care Centre's disposal of waste policy.
* Ensure the Care Centre's resources are used appropriately
* To participate, promote and engender the quality culture of Handsale Care Group by adhering to Quality Assurance Systems
If you are a proactive, professionally presented Lead Care / Senior Care & want to be part of a growing organisation, this could be your next long term role.
Let us know about your willingness. Send your CV today by clicking on the Apply button below