Job Title - PHP Developer
Location - Burnley, BB11 1DA
Duration - Perm / Full-Time
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Sector - IT
A fantastic full-service digital development agency is looking for a talented PHP Developer to join its growing team! They're a local, experienced and disruptive organisation working on all things branding, web design, content and software.
Based in Burnley, our client now offers a flexible working environment meaning you can work from anywhere and don't need to be in commutable distance to their office!
Are you desperate to get your hands on the latest technology and always have to be the first to try new things? Well, this organisation really does lead the way in new technology, innovation and research & development, there is no better time to join them!
You will receive a fantastic range of benefits including flexible working hours, personalised kit, regular social events, the chance to work with cutting edge technology on a wide variety of projects, training opportunities and many more!
As a PHP Developer, your daily duties will include:
* Working and leading own projects on new software development (Agile, sprints)
* Working closely with customers to understand needs and requirements
* Working with the project manager to deliver software to schedule
* Developing new features for existing software developments
* Working with the wider project team to plan/map out projects
* Occasionally dealing with enquiries from clients and advising about updates/requests
To be a successful PHP Developer, you will have the following skills and experiences:
* Excellent problem solver with the ability to understand the vision of a project
* Excellent knowledge of PHP and OOP using Laravel
* Good Knowledge of Design Patterns (MVC in particular)
* Good knowledge of MySQL, JS/JQuery, HTML5, CSS
* Knowledge of basic server management (Centos/Plesk)
* The ability to comfortably work with varying code styles and PHP versions
* Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
* A proactive and positive attitude towards solving problems
* Experience in working to tight deadlines
* Experience developing bespoke software
* The ability to work on your own initiative
Desirable skills are:
* Experience with Symfony framework, Doctrine ORM
* Experience with unit testing
* Greenfield work (developing brand new systems from the ground up)
In return, a PHP Developer will receive a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum.
To apply for this role as Developer, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV