Miller's Club War are looking for an experienced broker to join their team. This specialist role will be technical, client and underwriter-facing, and will work with Miller's longstanding clients to ensure excellent service.
This is a great opportunity to join a market-leading team, and at an exciting moment in Miller's history - following announcement of our partnership with Cinven and GIC.Miller
We are a leading insurance and reinsurance broker, founded in 1902. We operate in Lloyd's, London and international markets. Miller are headquartered in London, and have a network of over 650 colleagues worldwide.The opportunity
- A successful and close-knit business team
- A diverse, international client base
- Excellent degree of autonomy
- Work from home opportunities
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new, and/or existing opportunities and participate in cross selling across Miller
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of prospects including research, initiation of contact and new business presentations in order to obtain new business
- Provide technical, industry and subject matter expertise to provide support, service and advice to clients
- Determine appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients' needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients
- Assist in setting budgets for portfolio of accounts and fulfilling agreed budgets
- Ensure all relevant information is gathered in the preparation of annual renewals and endorsements on key accounts
- Understand the clients' business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Work closely and maintain relationships with key market and client contacts
- Liaise with others to ensure compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements
- Check policies, market presentations and client documentation
- Broke, or liaise with placing brokers to achieve agreement of markets where required and maintain diary/pending system to monitor progress
- Creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
- Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
- Perform quality control checks on all documentation
- Overall responsibility for compliance procedures for total individual client base
- Significant knowledge of Marine War, Hull or P&I Club insurance, within the Lloyd's, London and international market settings
- Significant experience in a technical Marine role within a broking or underwriting environment
- Marine Club War experience desirable
- Experience in an underwriter/client-facing role highly desirable
- ACII desirable
To apply for this role, please EasyApply or visit our website!We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. For further information on our initiatives in this area, please visit our website.
We recognise that many individuals are balancing careers with commitments outside of work and we are open to discussing flexible working situations. We also recognise that there may be adjustments we can make to support your application. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with us.