Novax Recruitment are currently on the look out for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of one of our clients. Our client is a Property Maintenance and Construction company. Their Head Office is based in Derby, working with clients across the Midlands including Lincolnshire, East Midlands, and West Midlands. Their client base is predominantly Social Housing and Local Authorities however they also work with private clients, schools, and leisure facilities.
Job Summary: Completing the Scheduling of works for Invoicing, managing the Invoicing on a weekly basis with the support of a Commercial Assistant. Supporting the Accounts Team with credit control and management accounts whilst also carrying out analytically commercial reports for the Commercial Director.
· Microsoft Office - Familiarity with the use of IT systems with experience of relevant software packages inc the following:
Word· Analytical and great attention to detail
· Logical approach to work and ability to work on complex commercial queries.
· AAT (preferred)
· Level 3 or above in Business, Construction or Commercial Area
Experience & Other
· Social Housing/Local Authority
· Building maintenance experience
· Contractor experience within Social Housing
Responsibilities and Duties
· Run weekly Invoice Report and split workload between yourself and Commercial Assistant
· Review completed works using Trade Notes, Photos and Schedules of Work and a Schedule of Rate to create a final bill for the Client
· Liaise with the Operations Team for any documentation missing for Invoicing i.e. Certification
· Carry out a cost analysis to identify productivity inefficiencies or variations required
· Assist Accounts with Credit Control
· Assist Account with creating the monthly management accounts i.e. WIP figures
· Provide Commercial Reports for the Director i.e. Profit and Loss