Recruiting now for a Production Control Manager to manage and lead 4 teams, on a full-time permanent basis in Ely.
The Production Control Manager will have leadership and functional responsibilities including:
- Identifying and leading the implementation of process improvement activities for the purchasing and planning functions within the team.
- Working closely with manufacturing operations to ensure the purchasing and planning teams plan proactively to level load the end-to-end production while meeting customer expectations.
- Developing purchasing strategies that optimise component availability yet minimise excess inventory levels
- Ensuring best practice warehouse management and accurate inventory control for all component stock and finished goods
- Engaging in new vendor auditing and selection
- Set hiring strategies and ensure performance appraisals are carried out effectively
- Conduct return to work interviews
- Ensure component quality root causes are addressed and fixed at source within the supply chain through effective vendor management and effective application of the NCR system.
- Support a culture of 'same day fix' for all quality issues both in-house and at vendors.
- Work alongside manufacturing operations to map Value Streams and Process Flows for complex supply chains in order to establish LEAN control systems.
Current or previous production management experience is essential.
You will have an in-depth understanding of ERP data systems and a strong understanding of LEAN improvement techniques. You will have excellent leadership experience and communication skills as well as being used to training and mentoring teams.
Experience of troubleshooting, finding root causes and solutions for process problems is essential.
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd., are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.