Interim Payroll Manager
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
My client is looking for someone with proven experience working in a payroll function, but equally someone who can demonstrate that they can lead a team and have a track record of improving processes and driving efficiency's.
Oversee and ensure an accurate and timely provision of payroll and HR administration services.
Responsible for paying all colleagues by directing the production and issuance of payslips and BACs transfer to bank accounts. Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave and non taxable wages.
Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
* Support the assessment of the existing Payroll/HR Admin standard operating procedures to identify opportunities to streamline/improve processes.
* Ensure the accurate processing of weekly and monthly payrolls with the production of payroll journals and reports to specified deadlines.
* Submission of personal information and payment uploads to pension funds within agreed timescales..
* Ensure the completion of monthly third party payment requests
* Oversee the HR Administration service that includes references, plus other elements of the on boarding process, disciplinary and grievance documentation, contractual terms of employment amendments and flexible working amendments and compensation documentation.
* Ensure full compliance with HR policies, procedures and practices.
* Supply monthly MI absence reports plus finance, payroll and statistical reports by their agreed dates.
* Lead the completion of the annual gender pay gap report.
* Supply financial budget information plus any other ad hoc payroll / colleague data report as required.
* Ensure the correct starter and leaver documentation is received and actioned appropriately.
* Oversee the maintenance of employee data to support Life Assurance and Private Medical Healthcare cover via third parties.
* Contribute to the benefit renewal process and communication to colleagues.
* Maintain the salary review data
* Ensure Pension Auto Enrolment duties are fulfilled in order to maintain compliance with the Pensions Regulator.
* Maintain awareness of current statutory payments and legislation to ensure accurate payments to employees.
* Ensure accurate input of all employee data to minimise any financial risk to the business.
* Self-starter with a can do attitude
* Proven experience within a payroll function
* A relevant Payroll or HR qualification
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Sage 50
* Able to quickly assimilate information and act at pace
* Knowledge of tax and NI codes and statutory payments
* Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
* Used to working in a team with strong collaboration skills
* Experience of Auto Enrolment and year end process.
* Numeracy and Literacy skills to GCSE standard
* Excellent communication and inter personal skills
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity then please don't hesitate and apply.