My client is a leading name within their field and are constantly at the forefront with their innovation and development . Their products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications and they are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candour, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to their customers, they are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. They excel at creating technology that transforms the world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join the team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
This role will require you to play a major part in ensuring that each new product line is delivered to manufacturing sites in a form that easy to manufacture with a strong enthesis on quality and reliability.
As an experienced and dynamic Component and Document Control Engineer your duties will be to:
Maintain our component database, identify and validate suitable component replacements for obsolete or long lead time items
Oversee the document control processes - maintain / control product documentation and technical design files and help drive improvements
Trouble-shoot systems and/or manufacturing issues
Design and set up test benches as well as deploy Automated Test Equipment for electronics platforms
Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters to identify, analyse and resolve system design weaknesses
Implement change activities as part of the teams engineering change process
What you will bring to the team, along with your fascination for low volume but complex production processes is:
This is a great opportunity to join a hugely successful global firm who reward their employees with a fantastic benefits package and who enjoy success.
* Maintain Component database and identify and validate suitable component replacements for obsolete or long lead time items. Required to work with internal departments and key suppliers.
* Oversight of document control processes - maintain / control product documentation and technical design files.
* Good communication skills and able to work between different teams.
* Solid understanding of Component Life Cycle management.
* Understanding of certification requirements i.e. NRTL, CE, UKCA, RoHS, EMC.
* Trouble shooting of systems and/or manufacturing issues.
* Designs and sets up test benches.
* Performs extensive and careful experiments where required.
* Collects and analyzes data and implements proposed improvements.
* Responsible for analyzing and solving complex interdisciplinary systems issues.
* Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
* Experience of DFMEA, 8D, Design for manufacture and Design for service.
* Implement change activities including ECR/ECO's.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills/capabilities:
* A degree in Electronic Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
* Proven experience of working in design/development projects.
* Ability to multi-task, work alone and under pressure along with strong communication skills (verbal, written,).
* Good electronic skills are essential, experience in any of the following an advantage.
* PIC microprocessors circuit design including embedded code.
* Experience of design with ADC's and DAC's, general power supply design, and cost engineering.
* Preparation of detailed design specifications.
* Knowledge of communication interfaces (RS232, RS485, Ethernet, USB, I2C).
* Understanding of engineering change processes and ISO 9001 quality practices.
* Familiarity with system design, CE compliance, electronic test & measurement equipment and techniques.
* Hands-on skills, including soldering/de-soldering component level fault finding on SMT boards.
* UK domestic (and international) travel may be required.
* Vacuum technology - gauges, pumps, accessories, materials. (Desirable)
* Instrumentation - system test and development. (Desirable)
Our overall package includes:
37.5 hours standard working week 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 3:20pm finish on Friday.
Life Insurance, Stock and Shares Purchase scheme, and Pension scheme.
25 Days holiday + 8 Stats