We are a global professional services organization that provides consulting and delivery services to large global clients.
With our experience of major capital projects all over the world we're experts at managing the many moving parts involved in complex programmes, with 110 offices across 45 different countries.
At the heart of our approach is a focus on better outcomes. With an independent view we do things smarter; we give the clarity and rigour to help teams work better together, to make an investment case stronger, to raise the standards of delivery and to maintain schedules and budgets. It's how we've made the difference for more than 70 years.
We are equal opportunity employers. A copy of the policy statement on equal opportunity is provided upon request.Job Description
Within our southwest region our infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. Our people have the opportunity to move between sectors, building their experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
We are currently seeking applications from Senior Commercial Managers interested in working in the Defence Sector. Among a growing presence in the defence sector, Turner & Townsend is uniquely positioned as a Tier 1 supplier to Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) as a Programme Delivery Partner and Commercial Delivery Partner across their ~£14bn annual programme of expenditure to deliver critical UK assets.
As one of Turner & Townsend's Senior Commercial Managers your role could include Contract Administration, Sourcing, Sales, Contract Management Disposals and Corporate activities.
We are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.Required Skills
- Significant experience of either Contract Management or Contract Placement (Sourcing) with some experience of the other, in single source and competitive markets.
- Identifying the most suitable commercial approach to the circumstance, including assessing the potential trade-offs and the level of risk mitigation required to achieve the best commercial outcome;
- Understanding and applying programme, portfolio and project management tools;
- Taking ownership of decisions at tender evaluation stage and applying commercial expertise and judgement accordingly; and
- Understanding and applying tools to monitor supplier performance including EVM, cost analysis, and contract related management information systems.
- Will have at least 10 years' commercial experience;
- Significant experience leading teams and providing strategic direction;
- Commercial Functional competence and skills at Practitioner or Expert level, for pre-market, sourcing and post-award contract management
- The role has responsibility for dealing regularly with clients/customers on complex, controversial and contentious issues. The role will typically be able to chair internal and external meetings involving senior participants.
- A degree in Project Management, Commercial Management, Business, Law or equivalent;
- The role requires specific knowledge acquired by obtaining CIPS level 7 / Chartered status as well as additional in depth relevant work experience
- British National
- Hold a UK Passport (sole)
- Hold valid Security Clearance (SC) [Or able to obtain]
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/