Sales Ledger Manager
Salary: circa £25k dependant on experience
Permanent, Full Time
We are an established business in the construction sector catering predominantly to the New Build market looking to recruit a Sales Ledger Manager.
The role forms part of a busy finance team and holds responsibility for collection of sales and retention ledgers as well as supervision of the team.
- Management of the sales ledger and credit control functions
- Oversee the collection of company debt and all debtor related reporting
- Management of invoicing and work in progress
- Responsible for chasing of retention on completed contracts
- Management of account balances within prescribed credit limits
- Monthly ledger reconciliation and reporting requirements
- Management of credit risk of the company, credit insurance policy and credit assessments
- Cash collection forecasting
- Any other additional duties that may be deemed necessary in fulfilment of the role
- Ability to work autonomously on their own initiative and as part of the team
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Knowledge of debt collection methods and techniques.
- Experience in dealing with customers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to identify key risks and apply appropriate techniques to mitigate them
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of VAT rules
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills to enable strict deadlines to be met.
- Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills (to include Excel).
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in construction/JCT contracts beneficial