We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
We cover every aspect of taxation for clients, whether on employment, corporate profits or gains, movements of individuals or businesses from one country to another, international transactions or on personal income, gains or wealth. Job Purpose
Mazars has a unique opportunity for an experienced corporate tax practitioner to use their compliance skills to take on a wider tax assurance role. The role will focus on two key tax assurance areas; firstly to assist in the delivery of bespoke tax compliance services to our clients; and secondly to manage tax due diligence assignments. We envisage that the split of work would be around 50% in each area of tax assurance. Role & Responsibilities
In relation to the tax compliance element of the role, we are looking for an individual who can use best practice processes and technology to deliver a technically robust, high-quality, efficient and bespoke tax compliance services manages who will maximise recoveries on this work and can identify Advisory opportunities for the wider team.
For the due diligence element of the role, we are looking for someone with strong analytical skills who can quickly ascertain the key tax risks in a target group and can articulate tax risk and issues identified succinctly in a due diligence report. The individual will also be expected to identify structuring opportunities.
As a manager at Mazars, we are expecting an individual to be able to produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements and to operate effectively within multi-disciplinary teams, have great client handling skills as well as a genuine passion for developing and coaching more junior members of the team. Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Holds a relevant professional qualification such as ACA or CTA (or equivalent) with extensive experience of corporate tax compliance services.
- Experience of tax due diligence whilst desirable is not essential.
- Demonstrates broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience.
- Good client handling technique including excellent written and presentation skills .
- Able to build good relationships with members of the team.
- Experience of mentoring and developing people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget.
- Experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines.
- Proficiency with Alphatax would be an advantage.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.