Fast growth healthcare and wellness manufacturing company with a vision for the future. As part of the team, you will be motivated by a challenging & changing environment.
As our Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be responsible for driving all Continuous Improvement activities within the business. The role is of strategic long-term importance to continual evolution. Working with stakeholders to define and implement continual process improvement initiatives utilising principles such as Lean and Six Sigma in core business areas. The Manager will apply organisational and management theory, principles, and tools to understand and improve organisational effectiveness and productivity in achieving business goals. In addition, this person will serve as a change agent, problem solver, and coach in the use and application of analytical tools associated with Lean methodologies. An emphasis on practical application as well as theoretical are crucial to the roles immediate and long-term success. The applicant must engage, educate, and inspire all business functions to deliver best practice that yields tangible and repeatable results. While the role will initially have a core focus on Production and Manufacturing. As the role evolves it will naturally encompass wider areas such as but not limited to Sales, Purchasing and Quality. Success will be measured ultimately with clear metrics that demonstrate improved productivity and reduced costs across the entire business.
* Main Responsibilities
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop, implement and sustain a behavioural continual improvement deployment
* Work on continually driving the Lean and Six Sigma culture through applicable improvement programs by assisting in development of and executing improvement deployment plans
* Develop and implement program-specific process improvement initiatives for both production and operational service support areas of the business
* Conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and effectively collaborates and engages with the teams to support and implement corrective actions as required
* Develop, collect and report performance metrics as needed, including showing clear before and after performance, savings and benefits for the initiatives delivered
* Work with business leadership as needed to meet goals and communicate performance
* Project / program manage the change and to monitor improvement activities • Work directly with business development capture teams, internal process owners, and program teams to drive continual process improvement projects
* Lead project coordinators in implementing complex project methodologies
* Participate in the identification and implementation of all continuous process improvement activities
* Incorporate customer requirements in all process improvement activities
* Accountable for on time delivery of high-quality improvement projects
* Plan and execute process improvement teams to establish and embed a Continuous Improvement approach within the business, supported by the senior management team
* Act as a change agent to lead and train employees in relevant Lean and Six sigma methods, quality awareness, understanding and use of quality tools
* Seek, share and assist in institutionalising improvement good practices 2.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Management or related field required
* Four to six years as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent process improvement role
* Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Desirable • Demonstrated success in team leadership and project management with a proven track record of successfully implementing change within an organisation
* Experience leading Kaizen events