Working for an established, expanding business, the Arrears Collections Executive will join a motivated and successful team. Working from home, you will ensure a high level of service is delivered to all customers, both internal and external in line with legal/statutory requirements, you will be working to key business targets and goals. The Arrears Collections Executive will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, expenses paid and a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
To apply for the Arrears Collections Executive role, you will possess experience within a regulated financial services environment, ideally with collections and recoveries experience. The successful Arrears Collections Executive will be tenacious, motivated by achieving results and enthusiastic. You will have strong negotiation skills, a confident and professional telephone manner - with the overall aim of gaining a satisfactory outcome for both customer and client. The Arrears Collections Executive will need to be able to pass a satisfactory credit check.
Hours of work: Working patterns are Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm, 9am-5.30pm, 12pm-8pm with one Saturday in four 9am-3pm
Salary: £23-25,000 There is also a bonus which is paid monthly, this is based on compliance, accuracy & performance of their work.
· Maximise arrears collections in accordance with pre-determined policies and procedures. Treating Customers Fairly is a central part of the FCA retail regulatory regime and an integral part of this role is to assist in delivering improved outcomes for customers
· Ensure the department achieves its monthly objectives by maximising collections activity
· Negotiating payment arrangements ensuring repayment terms are in accordance with company directives and mandates
· Use appropriate collection tools to aid the rehabilitation of customer accounts
· Ability to negotiate and influence the customer through proactive dialogue
· Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered to all customers, both internal and external in line with legal/statutory requirements
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability ensuring client's needs are met
· Maintain a high level of customer service with customers to encourage two-way communication
· Identify potentially vulnerable customers and instances of financial hardship
· Assess customers' income and expenditure, ensuring all arrangements set are both affordable and sustainable based on the information and documentary evidence provided
· Prioritises own workload and demonstrates flexibility to meet the needs of the business
· Knowledge/experience in financial services environment within a phone-based role
· Recent and proven experience in a contact centre
· Good understanding of a financial servicing environment
· Working knowledge of all regulations governing payment card processing e.g. DPA, Anti Money Laundering, Complaints, Principle 6 (Treating Customers Fairly), MCOB Rules and PCI DSS requirements
· Excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to work to targets and in a pressurised environment
· Proactively looks for solutions to problems
· Takes pride in own work and cares about the detail
· Supports team and business goals by working consistently to achieve own objectives
· Demonstrates awareness of the impact of own performance and behaviours on team performance
· Demonstrates professionalism and consistently treats customers fairly
· Responds quickly to work priorities and completes work within agreed timescales
KEYWORDS: collections, credit control, litigation, underwriting, affordability, finance, financial services
For more information or to apply for this position please call our recruitment team on (phone number removed) or apply online for a call back.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven't contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds