Are you a Wiring Technician looking for a new challenge? Do you have a background in Marine or Shipbuilding background?
tpgroup are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence, energy and space programmes.
We are looking for a Wiring Technician to join our TPG Maritime Ltd team in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions, or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
The Wiring Technician position sits within our bespoke engineering solutions side of the business, where we develop life-support systems in critical workspace, oxygen and carbon capture based solutions, water purification, rugged electronics for harsh environments and precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
The purpose of the Wiring Technician role is building / wiring control panels, cabinets and sub-assemblies from panel diagrams and schematics, ensuring that completed units meet specifications, tolerances and customer requirements. The main responsibilities of this role are:
* Detailed building, fitting, assembly and wiring of control panels working from engineering drawings and schematics to determine assembly procedures
* Cut, ident, lace, loom and prepare electrical / electronic wiring and cabling according to specification
* Install wire and cable bringing elements together to form a fully functional system
* Build of test cable's for electro mechanical assemblies
* Operating of special purpose tools and equipment for the installation of Electrical Control Panels to a naval standard
In order to deliver this role you must have a Marine, Shipbuilding or Ship repair background, with a strong understanding of MOD Naval Standards. An indentured apprenticeship would be an advantage. You will be required to have extensive wiring experience related to panel assembly and control cabinets. You need to be able to read and understand electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. Ideally, you will have experience within the defence sector. You will be require to do some travel to dockyards and clients sites on occasion.
In return, you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. In addition, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in apply for this role, you must have:
* Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
* Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
* Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
* To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years' UK residency