We have an opportunity for an experienced Workshop Manager to join our team based on a Clients site in Raunds. This role will also have responsibility for another site in Goole, so flexibility around travelling is essential as you will be required to stay in Goole at least once or twice a week.
The Workshop Manager will have overall responsibility to deliver an efficient operation at both locations which includes the leadership and development of staff (16 in total), financial cost/budgetary control, maintaining maintenance standards whilst adhering to health and safety regulations and ensuring maintenance compliance is followed.
By promoting a consultative work environment will ensure staff remain motivated and engaged to provide a top class level of service to our customer. You'll be the main customer contact and escalation point so a good working relationship with your teams is essential.
You'll have first-hand experience of managing a team of HGV Technicians ideally within a VMU, having had exposure to workshop process management whether as a previous Workshop Manager/Service Manager or managing a service to your fleet as a Fleet Manager or Transport Manager. A confident communicator and able to understand the pressures of both a customer and supplier in order to resolve disputes to the satisfaction of all parties is required. A quality driven individual, you'll be able to hold your team to the highest standards and work with them to embrace constant change and improvement. You must have C&G Level 3 HGV Maintenance or equivalent and be technically knowledgeable around a HGV engine to be successful in this role.
Some of the traits and experience we believe a successful VMU Manager possesses are below:
* Ability to lead, coach, motivate and develop a team effectively
* Sound commercial acumen and ability to understand, analyse and interpret financial information
* High standard of numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
* Management qualification is desirable but not essential
* A solid understanding of rental and contract hire operations
Salary & Benefits
A basic salary of up to £50,000 is on offer dependent on experience as well as the following benefits:
* Company car/Allowance
* A performance related bonus
* Private medical and travel insurance
* Industry leading pension scheme matched up to 6% of your salary
* Life Assurance (3 x basic salary)
* Group Income Protection Insurance (available after 2 years of service)
* Holiday allowance (starting at 25 days, increasing up to 28 days based on length of service plus bank holidays)
* Access to Perkbox which offers a wide variety of discounts across the high street and online retailers, cinemas, restaurants etc.
* Eyecare Vouchers
* 24/7 GP Service
Ryder has one of Europe's largest fleet of trucks, a FleetCare network of more than 300 approved service locations, and some of the most talented people in the industry. By investing in the latest information and technology, we strive to make business safer, more efficient, and as environmentally responsible as possible.
At Ryder, we believe in investing in our people and the future of the commercial transportation industry. Over 39,000 people work for us worldwide. Each one of them is respected and valued as the industry's brightest engineers, the safest drivers and the most experienced Technicians - all part of a team who are dedicated to solving your toughest transportation challenges.
Ryder is committed to creating a culture of respect and professionalism and a high-performing, diverse and inclusive workforce based on trust. Supporting that commitment, we encourage applications from all candidates regardless of gender, race, colour, religious belief, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status